Single Handed

Rather than hi-jack another mans thread i thought id start this one. The question is this... When buying a pre ban foxing dog.. would you prefer a single handed dog or a doubled up dog. atb stabba

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if a dog carnt do it single its not a fox dogday or nite

Posted Images

SINGLE!!!!! WHY double up any way if the dog can do it on it's own ???????????????

sounder

bring on a pup or young dog would have been my only reason :thumbs:

yes i know and i would do this , but the point is, alot run double up !!!!of so call single hand dogs !!!!1

sounder

SINGLE!!!!! WHY double up any way if the dog can do it on it's own ???????????????

sounder

bring on a pup or young dog would have been my only reason :thumbs:

yes i know and i would do this , but the point is, alot run double up !!!!of so call single hand dogs !!!!1

sounder

i do agree, if foxing was/is your game then surely you would want the best tool for the job,(single handed dog)

regardless of breed :thumbs:

just another thing .........when is a pup not a pup a lad rang me the other day for chat we were chatting about he dogs he said his pup is coming on well has afew foxes with his old dog

the fking PUP is 22 months :icon_eek:,

sounder

Guest DogFaceKillah

the only answer is single handed, but how many dogs are single handed for the diration of there working life? i think not alot, an if they are its very short also :thumbs:

SINGLE HANDED ALL DOGS AND QUARRY,you wouldnt do it with a terrier.i,d rather see 1 really good course than a simple 2 or 3 dog pick up because when the fox is caught there normally not much of a scrap anyway :boxing: atb

Yes a dog should be able to do it single handed,but if i got a call from a farmer saying lambs were being taken, and i had 2 lurchers why take 1 and risk it getting away,you wont call it again.Dont really get the snobbery on here,You would have to wonder how mutch some lads do on here.The only thing about doubled up is one might get worse punshiment than run on its own.