Hobs or Jills

depends on the warrens, both are as important for different jobs, so normally take 2 jills, 1 hob

unless its summer ferreting, in which case, I'll take 4 castrated hobs (no fighting down holes then)

On days when rabbits arent bolting well i like a big hob then at least when you dig the rabbit is nearly always there, but with gills often the rabbit moves about underground when you start digging as gills cant hold them aswell. But if rabbits are bolting i prefer gills. As said each have there own uses.

To be honest mate each to there own bu.but ive found over the years that hobs tend to hang up more than jills.So i tend to take my jills but the hobs come in handy if your doing big,deep chalk berrys because not all jills like going deep were as hobs tend to get on with it and get stuck in.But on another note you havent got the haslle of the hobs coming into season so there partners in crime all year round.but like i said each to there own bud

Raiderboy & dh90 are both right. I find jills bolt them better. If a hob gets a rabbit its more likely to kill it. A friend of mine only uses hobs says there better than jills. Lets just say his spade will never go rusty.

dependson the job a smallish hob does the job just the same only thing gets stuck in the nets , for flushing without nets to gun , dogs, or falcons why not use hobs , i used to have a good medium sizedsandy hob as a lad good steadyferret only disadvantage was tangled nets , jill or hobs a ferrets a ferret , although you dont want some monster :thumbs: