"Wildlife Conservation"

I read a couple of days ago about a "wildlife conservation" group who are raising some fox cubs that were abandoned by the vixen when the earth was disturbed. They have been given a Basil Brush toy to cuddle up to. AAH. Isn't that sweet. Pretty likkle baby foxy-woxes playing with their cuddly toy. What was not reported was what will happen when they grow up into vicious little predators. It happens to be illegal to release pest species into the wild. So do they end up in a zoo? Not many people going to be very interested to see them. Kill the little fluckers? Ooh no that would be so cruel. I'd guess that they will be released and as they have never been taught by the vixen to hunt they will either die of starvation or start raiding chickens.

How can the antis be so dumb? I hope that no-one on here would say "Oh just leave them to die." Quick belt on the head with a blackthorn stick and cave the earth in surely? These "rescuers" have made sure that the total suffering will far greater than if they had minded their own business.

Sorry, bit of a rant. What bugged me was that these creeps are the East Sussex Wildife Conservation Trust. I live in East Sussex.

Conserve Wildlife. Shoot an Anti

OK....from experience i can state now that it is very rare for a vixen to desert her cubs. They are her reason for living.

I would love to know the circumstances in which these guys got hold of the cubs. :whistling:

Good question, to which I must reply "Dunno". I can imagine someone shooting the vixen, or bolting her with dogs, and leaving the cubs to die, much though I dislike the idea. But how the honey buggers got hold of them I simply do not know. The story was in The Times and there was a photo of these pwitty ickle foxes with Mr Basil :bad:. My point stands though. Raise them to either die unpleasantly or become serious pests? Or kill 'em quick and clean? I know my choice, and I'll bet yours would be the same.

Ric

There was some stuff on the telly where the rspca (i think) or some other organisation were releasing foxes that they had raised to full grown adults in to the wild. Are you sure that is illegal? I thought it only applied to non-natives.

TBH Nik, I'm not entirely sure. But my point still stands! Far more cruelty involved than if the honey buggers had stayed out of it.

I think you will find it is illegal to release trapped urban foxes into the wild, although the arsepac do it regularly.

Ric

it makes me smile, see, at the moment we have two very simular posts running in the general section, both on raising fox cubs,

this one, where every reply is slatting "the anti's"

the other post, is from a member, wishing to raise a fox cub,

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148457

most of the replies to his post, give advice :hmm:

which makes me think, that people dont "think" anything, they see the word anti, and go into angry mode

would it be the same on cooking baked beans

anti's would be slatted for burning them, hunters patted on the back for being an excellent cook :hmm:

makes ya think dont it

Perfectly legal to release native species like foxes, they will probably be released on a sanctuary only to be shot once they cross the boundry with neighbouring land :clapper:

The arsepca can release grey squirrels as they can make the rules up as they go along :doh:

I read a couple of days ago about a "wildlife conservation" group who are raising some fox cubs that were abandoned by the vixen when the earth was disturbed. They have been given a Basil Brush toy to cuddle up to. AAH. Isn't that sweet. Pretty likkle baby foxy-woxes playing with their cuddly toy. What was not reported was what will happen when they grow up into vicious little predators. It happens to be illegal to release pest species into the wild. So do they end up in a zoo? Not many people going to be very interested to see them. Kill the little fluckers? Ooh no that would be so cruel. I'd guess that they will be released and as they have never been taught by the vixen to hunt they will either die of starvation or start raiding chickens.

How can the antis be so dumb? I hope that no-one on here would say "Oh just leave them to die." Quick belt on the head with a blackthorn stick and cave the earth in surely? These "rescuers" have made sure that the total suffering will far greater than if they had minded their own business.

Sorry, bit of a rant. What bugged me was that these creeps are the East Sussex Wildife Conservation Trust. I live in East Sussex.

Conserve Wildlife. Shoot an Anti

Its not illegal to release foxes and why if you killed the cubs would you cave in the earth? :wallbash:

I took it as read that the cubs would have to be dug out so the earth would be wrecked anyway. I assume you would reach in bare handed and pull 'em out one at a time.

Ric :censored:

Edited by RicW

tel me something ,i wonder if the hill farmer would let them go again, or if in america they would release the coytoes back into ther cattle and sheep ranchers land , what a load of bollocks ,re release ing a pest back into the wild ,whenout denning you dont re releas any thing as its pestcontrol , wished they would get in tune with the laws of the jungle,foxes are big rats who need to be kept in touch with and controled in areas were ever there sheep chickens lambs, game birds small house pets, and mange

it makes me smile, see, at the moment we have two very simular posts running in the general section, both on raising fox cubs,

this one, where every reply is slatting "the anti's"

the other post, is from a member, wishing to raise a fox cub,

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148457

most of the replies to his post, give advice :hmm:

which makes me think, that people dont "think" anything, they see the word anti, and go into angry mode

would it be the same on cooking baked beans

anti's would be slatted for burning them, hunters patted on the back for being an excellent cook :hmm:

makes ya think dont it

You are on the nail there. By the same token, antis go spare at the word "hunting"!

Ric

I think the fact that foxes are quite big preditors and aren't seen so often makes people protective over them the way they do over lions and tigers. People don't feel the same way about rats and only the wierdest person would concider raising a rat and then releasing it in to the wild.

I've just found this site. Releasing vermin species into the wild is illegal as it is considered cruel.

www.pestgo4u/com

Sorry, can't get the link to work

Ric

Edited by RicW

foxes are big rats

I agree with your other point that they do need to be controlled, But foxes are not "big rats", They are clever, efficient predators that have just as much right to be in the countryside than any other animal, Especialy pheasents which as you know are a NON-native species, Not hard to respect your qaurry.

ATB

McKay

ye you have your opion , cant eat them sell there skins in the uk , and whle there sport for some to me th a species needin controled and not fed by silly people ,ask ahill farmer aabout foxes as i have had the pleasure to see what they do to lambs at first hand so , i do respect them but at the nd of the day they are a pest to some full stop