hancock lurchers

Their collie crosses at the end of the day no different to joe bloggs getting a track greyhound and putting the local farm collie over it.My cocern is lads buying off hancock are keeping a puppy farmer in buisnesswallbash.gif I would rather see his set up and thousands more like it breeding peddigree dogs go out of buisness.

I 110% AGREE i got one a few years back that didnt make it but the place is anougth to put anyone off

:thumbdown:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most of the hundreds of pups he breeds go to pet homes,not working homes,he sold a few while I was there all to pet homes,sally runs the farm now as her mum and dad are both getting too old,do the mat

Posted Images

I have said this every time hancock is mentioned,when I went down the other month there must of been 200 dogs to choose from and there wasn't one dog with decent feet,not a stud dog thats done any work or a greyhound that you couldn't get free from a flapping track,they are the cross that he say's and there's no denying it,no guesswork over the breeding,but, and its a big but,none of the dogs are a patch on the stuff that was being produced 25yrs ago,flatfooted pups from flatfooted parents,any of you decent dog lads will know that a lurcher can't run without good feet,its odds on that some pups will turn out okay because of the amount of pups being bred,if 1 pup per litter turned out decent then these are probably the ones we hear argued about on here as okay,I have alway's kept collie/greyhounds,I have had pups out of merle,chuckles,and fathom over the year's that have been decent dogs but the standard now is poor,my last 3/4 cross come from two good lads that bred a decent litter in derby,both parents well tested,me and my mate bought the 2 spare pups and have not been disapointed with either,we had to wait and keep looking till we found the right litter but it can be worth it,its hard enough to pick a pup from a good litter but if the parents are worked hard and haven't had many injuries or foot problems,chances are your pup stands a chance of being half decent.the blank canvas theory doesn't stand up to scrutiny in reallity,some pups act like they've been here before,easy to train and enter,these are normally off worker/worker,wirralman

what knowlegble lurcher hunter guy buys of untested stock , me i like to see what the parents can do see there feet, build, work , real genuine poaching hunting guys surely wouldnt by of untested stock nowadays ,i wouldnt, i can go in my kennels look at the stamp of dogs feet etc , work ethics to me thats the way forward for good lurchers ,the first question i ask aman does he work his dog and what style does the dog have etc how is he bred ,if he says to me i havent worked them well ,,qeustion mark write away ,

not my cup of tea it depends on what you want it for? rabbits yes ,charlie -stay clear not strong enough and jack, i think it how youy bring it on to see spiderpig on here he has a few of that breed ask his opinion hes your man ,and as said earlier untested parents too .fk that

Charley the dog in my avatar was a Hancock 3/4 bred,he took all game, fur and feather and worked to the gun . As you can see he was strong enough for red ones too.

He was rather hyper for his first year, but settled into a good general purpose animal. I never regretted getting him.

Now the lad has committed himself to buying one I hope he has success with it. :thumbs:

Edited by inan

i shouldnt rise to the bait but, ive been in running dogs for 40yrs and the simple truth is if his place wasnt up to scratch the council would close him, if his pups were no good no one would buy them. ive only met the guy once but with a lifetime in lurchers he came across as knowledgable and matter of fact, to the point of being blunt but after years of slagging cant say i blame the guy. some of his stock go back generations from workers. he knows what he breeds he knows where his stock comes from he knows their strengths and weaknesses and is honest about them he gives a guarantee with his pups what more can the guy do?

i shouldnt rise to the bait but, ive been in running dogs for 40yrs and the simple truth is if his place wasnt up to scratch the council would close him, if his pups were no good no one would buy them. ive only met the guy once but with a lifetime in lurchers he came across as knowledgable and matter of fact, to the point of being blunt but after years of slagging cant say i blame the guy. some of his stock go back generations from workers. he knows what he breeds he knows where his stock comes from he knows their strengths and weaknesses and is honest about them he gives a guarantee with his pups what more can the guy do?

most of the hundreds of pups he breeds go to pet homes,not working homes,he sold a few while I was there all to pet homes,sally runs the farm now as her mum and dad are both getting too old,do the maths mate,you ,like me are probably judging the place as it was years ago and yes the council should shut the place down,go and look at it yourself and honestly tell me if you think its right and proper to churn out pet lurcher's to all and sundry,granted the day I went was a rainy day and the place was sh*t high so it probably wasn't at its best,you think about the money thats gone through that place down the years and the daily conditions that those dogs put up with and tell me given the space available and money he's made that you couldn't provide better conditions,I know if I was supplying dogs wholesale to all and sundry I would cut the number of dogs to a more managable number and try to improve the quality of my dogs,I knock about with a lot of lads who keep licenced greyhounds and you could not get your licence with the conditions that are provided in that farm,the dogs they provide are wormed and are the cross stated so there is no lies being told but care is a different thing altogether,how do you walk that many dogs for even five minutes a day,stud dogs that are not worked in any capacity,if anyone has made a good dog out of one his pups there has been an element of luck and good training on their part not hancock,improve your odds boy's and buy off two good working dogs,quality not quantity,yis,wirralman

• Like 1

most of the hundreds of pups he breeds go to pet homes,not working homes,he sold a few while I was there all to pet homes,sally runs the farm now as her mum and dad are both getting too old,do the maths mate,you ,like me are probably judging the place as it was years ago and yes the council should shut the place down,go and look at it yourself and honestly tell me if you think its right and proper to churn out pet lurcher's to all and sundry,granted the day I went was a rainy day and the place was sh*t high so it probably wasn't at its best,you think about the money thats gone through that place down the years and the daily conditions that those dogs put up with and tell me given the space available and money he's made that you couldn't provide better conditions,I know if I was supplying dogs wholesale to all and sundry I would cut the number of dogs to a more managable number and try to improve the quality of my dogs,I knock about with a lot of lads who keep licenced greyhounds and you could not get your licence with the conditions that are provided in that farm,the dogs they provide are wormed and are the cross stated so there is no lies being told but care is a different thing altogether,how do you walk that many dogs for even five minutes a day,stud dogs that are not worked in any capacity,if anyone has made a good dog out of one his pups there has been an element of luck and good training on their part not hancock,improve your odds boy's and buy off two good working dogs,quality not quantity,yis,wirralman

how many first crosses actually come from out and out hunting tried and tested stock???

all the dogs iv had mates bred were all tried or would not be bred now i dont no down south ,but were im from you try them see whats in there tank then think am i going the way forward or back its not rocket sceince to hunt and see whats in adog once you work it

all the dogs iv had mates bred were all tried or would not be bred now i dont no down south ,but were im from you try them see whats in there tank then think am i going the way forward or back its not rocket sceince to hunt and see whats in adog once you work it

i know exactly what your saying!! but lets stay with collie xz for arguments sake!!

how many of you who have collie in your dogs can honestly say that the collie blood in there lines came from pure hunting proven stock?? not many im guessing!! how many collies are actually out there hunting and working for your theory on tried and tested to tried to tested to be put into action?? this makes at least one parent in the pup a non-hunter im most cases!! does this mean that we should not buy half cross collie greys anymore???

cooper soft lad you go to the farms localy you see dogs works you get grade a greyhound work her see whats she can do its not rocker sceince are youse all diolons on here , its simple you look for hardy collie s that work cattle who will hang on to them but still trainable , and you get agreyhound or two run them get them fit and see whats they are like brain wise killing instinct etc , WHAT IS HARD ABOUT THAT

I have said this every time hancock is mentioned,when I went down the other month there must of been 200 dogs to choose from and there wasn't one dog with decent feet,not a stud dog thats done any work or a greyhound that you couldn't get free from a flapping track,they are the cross that he say's and there's no denying it,no guesswork over the breeding,but, and its a big but,none of the dogs are a patch on the stuff that was being produced 25yrs ago,flatfooted pups from flatfooted parents,any of you decent dog lads will know that a lurcher can't run without good feet,its odds on that some pups will turn out okay because of the amount of pups being bred,if 1 pup per litter turned out decent then these are probably the ones we hear argued about on here as okay,I have alway's kept collie/greyhounds,I have had pups out of merle,chuckles,and fathom over the year's that have been decent dogs but the standard now is poor,my last 3/4 cross come from two good lads that bred a decent litter in derby,both parents well tested,me and my mate bought the 2 spare pups and have not been disapointed with either,we had to wait and keep looking till we found the right litter but it can be worth it,its hard enough to pick a pup from a good litter but if the parents are worked hard and haven't had many injuries or foot problems,chances are your pup stands a chance of being half decent.the blank canvas theory doesn't stand up to scrutiny in reallity,some pups act like they've been here before,easy to train and enter,these are normally off worker/worker,wirralman

well said I dont know why people still buy off this guy :doh:

well said I dont know why people still buy off this guy doh.gif

Them plummer books must still be read quite abit i carnt get mi head around why people still go to him especially now with this internet job were pups and perants can be veiwed at the click of a button.atb dell