when do you cross the line from Sport to Overkill??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now i may well be very wrong, but i was under that the assumption that illegally taken (i.e poached) rabbits were game. So iroinically if you were indeed caught poaching rabbits you could also be prosecuted for not having agame licence. However, if the rabbits are fully legal then they are not classed as game. I will stand corrected on this, but i am 99% sure of this rather bizarre law... :victory:

They have now scraped the game licence mate, they said it was a waste of time, but you was [bANNED TEXT] in wat u said about the rabbit being game poached or legaly, they mite have been chatting shit, cus we didnt have a solicitor.

I have heard rabbits become game [bANNED TEXT] poached on a sunday probably an old law to deter poachers takeing rabbits in bygone years [bANNED TEXT] the lord and his keepers would be in church on a sunday morning a strict requirement on some of the big estates 100 years ago.thumbs.gif

i know most of us look to catch the large bags!

but surely theres only so much you can catch and do things with??

i love to hear the tales of dogs catching huge bags but surely if this is done on a regular basis your going to end up with wastage??

the butchers can only take so many,your freezer can only hold so many and on top of this if you go out to catch these huge bags on permission you'll run out of runs sooner or later!!

im only asking as i like to go out and bag about 10(not this season mind its been poor for me) somtimes more if i have people for them but as a rule im happy to go home after ive reached this amount!!

when do you feel you've caught enough to take home and be able to use??

i like getting big bags and realy testing the dogs, its nice enough going local for an hour getting a dozen or so , but give me those blustery nights up the dales, and lets see what the dogs can do.

one problem with big bags , carrying the feckers,

DSCF0015ml2-1.jpg

bet you all thought ide put that other pic up :tongue2:

I have heard rabbits become game [bANNED TEXT] poached on a sunday probably an old law to deter poachers takeing rabbits in bygone years [bANNED TEXT] the lord and his keepers would be in church on a sunday morning a strict requirement on some of the big estates 100 years ago.thumbs.gif

Its not just a sunday, if they are poached then they do indeed become game. Christ i never knew they did away with the Game Licence! :icon_eek: I must be behind the times!lol. Bought one once too. Only once mind. :victory: Happy Hunting..JD

Its not just a sunday, if they are poached then they do indeed become game. Christ i never knew they did away with the Game Licence! icon_eek.gif I must be behind the times!lol. Bought one once too. Only once mind. victory.gif Happy Hunting..JD

Times i have been prosecuted for rabbits its always been in pursuite of coney but that were a few years back now.atb dell

WHAT HAPPANS TO THE FERRIT IF COURT POCHIN :thumbs:

Well they took all our nets, they didnt no what the collars were for, we just said they were for show, and we hid the boxes under the sawdust in the box, There exact words " we just didnt want them any were near us thats why we arent taking them" horrible wankers, we got our rabbits back from the game keeper ringin them up, they kept out nets game bags, all hunting gear, coats and stuff.

I think i will start a thread on wether or not rabbits are classed as game so we can use it to have a discussion on what constitutes overkill! Lol!!

lol im finding this much more intresting!!! :clapper: ive been scouring the internet trying to find the answer to this but i just cant find any evidence!! somthing im going to be looking right into though!!