plummer cross

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what luke is refering to is the bitches jaw/muzzle. This bitch has been out with me on several occasions with my pack. She has an excellent nose on her for finding and will graft all day. However, although the pic is not the best view, she has a short snipey muzzle which we have found is quite weak. We know this because although she pulls off spectacular catches with rats, she struggles to finish them off, many times we have taken them off her to find they`re still alive. In my oppinion she will struggle with foxes if she gets too close up, if you know what I mean. Having said all that the litters she has thrown have been strong dogs like the pic above. Luke, outcrossing may therefore not be the answer. I know what your saying though as I`d like a plummer that has a muzzle with depth not just length. After all it is the buisness end.

ATB

Dillan

So the dogs not killing rats and your blaming it on a weak muzzle :censored:

what a load of crap

its a rat its not drawing a badger

Thats the point, anything bigger than a rat, she will defo come worst off in a bad way. Luke wants to try and improve on the bitch by putting a stronger headed dog over her so the next generation will hopefully carry a better head. Plummers vision was to create a dog with strong jaws that could crunch a rat, drop it dead and move onto the next one in quick sucsession, thats why he added the bull to the pool. If she is not killing rats after biting it an shakin it and you dont think its because of a weak muzzle/jaw, can you suggest anything else where the problem might be. Believe me I have watched this bitch take rats by the head and middle and after what I would concider to be enough time ragging it the rat is still not finished.

has has anyone got any pictures of a plummer terrier cross weather being a patterdale, jack russell ect.

the reason for asking as i am hoping to breed my bitch with a stronger dog this year as she is pure plummer and in my oppinion not as strong as id like her to be. thanks luke

this is the dog you bred,

why dont you repeat the mating!!

15.5" 10kg very strong dog!

IMG_0102.jpg

If Im right this is Milo from Tilly x Gall,nice stamp, although tilly is a small bitch, 12 inch to shoulder it was hoped she threw some smaller Gallies stamp. Obviously from the looks she threw bigger dogs. Has he done anything to ground yet. Any more pics from side view.

Cheers

Dillan