PUPPY JACK CRYING

Hi all after seeking some advice out on this part of the site on which terrier best for marking rabbit holes

we picked up our new jack russell pup on sunday and he is absolutly fantastic he is 16 weeks old and is already settled in very well for only 2 days

The only small problem at the moment is at night we put his bed in the kitchen and left the light on and give him some toys till he gets used to his new home

But he cries and cries for quite a while and although we dont mind and did expect this for a while the neighbours are miserable bast**ds and at the moment they are ok but i dont know how long for?

Does anyone know how long he will take to get used to it the day is fine its when he is on his own at night that the crying starts ?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP MAX

It shouldn't take to long mate.Usualy when they get the idear that your not coming down when they cry they soon settle down after a few nights.

I usually find that leaving a radio on very low helps as they feel as though there is sombody there for company.

What ever you do though mate don't return to it once you have left it if it starts crying as if he learns that crying gets you back to him you'll have a heap of trouble on your hands mate

ATB

depends really mate,might only be for three or four days,can be longer,trick is not to give into it mate,its got to learn you dont come running on every whimper,stick to your guns after a couple nights your already nearly there thumbs.gif

spot on mate . no more to saythumbs.gif

Hot water bottle mate,the pups used to sleeping with its littermates and the bottle simulates their body warmth,wrap it up well in a towel half an hour before he goes away for the night,never fails.

ps ive never had one even put a tooth mark in the bottle,just incase it worries you.

hth steve.

i had no end of probs with my little bitch and the slut of a neighbour who i later dicovered was an anti so f**k her, anyway i tried all of the above only thing to add was i started with mine in one of those crates with bedding but in the kitchen like yourself, and althought the house was warm, because the floor was lyno i think it was a bit cold and drafty moved her near the radiator that helped also made sure she had a good bit of play an messing around tried to keep her awake as late as possible she'll come right though

depends really mate,might only be for three or four days,can be longer,trick is not to give into it mate,its got to learn you dont come running on every whimper,stick to your guns after a couple nights your already nearly there :thumbs:

Spot on, as long as the dog is safe and warm hopfully in a cage it will be fine and settle in a few days.