LEGEND LAMPING DOGS

Guest storm70

like i said good comment ive used treadmills and potamags for over 10 years 60miles a week on treadmill and portamag in jeep for wa home youl see a difernt dog good pics mate nice colliecrosses :clapper:

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for mentioning my bitch Ginny, although she is no longer with me due to a incident half way through the season involving the scottish police she had a lot of big bags SINGLE HANDED on the rabbi

MINSHAWS BLUE ? .......... GOT BEAT IN A MATCH BY A MATES FIRST CROSS CUR / GREYHOUND   THE UNBEATABLE BLUE ? ....... YEAH RIGHT   MORE CRAPS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT BOTH COURSING AND LAMPING DO

NOPE ..... BLUE WAS BEATEN WELL .... SIMPLE AS   REMEMBER 99 % OF THE TIME MINSHAW AND PALS RAN THEIR DOGS DOUBLED UP .... ON EVERYTHING ! A FEW OF THE MEN I AM PROUD TO CALL FRIENDS SAW BLUE AND

like i said good comment ive used treadmills and potamags for over 10 years 60miles a week on treadmill and portamag in jeep for wa home youl see a difernt dog good pics mate nice colliecrosses :clapper:

Thanks mate, Both dogs are fit, they have to be or you dont get them bags,.Bryn the younger one 1st pic 27 from 33 runs, they got to be fit to do that :thumbs:

BRYN FLINT CHARLIE TROY MAX SALLY GRIT BLUE JACK CHASE SCAR LURCH JES and the man eater ,some still doing it some not ,hows that for a few , ,only those that seen them for them selves will know

Edited by 2GOOD

theres a old fella i knew has a awesome dog, all i know is its minshaw bred,seen it work ounce absolutely dynamite, the only thing the old fella tells no body about it, and would possibly deny he owns such a dog, he is ouite a character,and is as tough as they come,but i definetly know this old geezer puts some game away,i heard recently he has been banned from certain areas were the keepers patrol, there are a few guys out there that might know him and have a better idea of the breeding of his dog, but in all honestly its the man behind the dog

Just a few years ago, a mate and myself were travelling along the Alston to Stanhope road at 1.30 in the morning after doing some work there,- we had to slow the car down, you couldn't drive on the road, it was just a carpet of rabbits. An average dog would have become a legend that night,- they just froze in the headlights. Never seen so many rabbits in one place.

well said, any half bred dog can catch on the lamp. so how can you have a legend! if it can't catch day time it's no use!

saw some very good rabbit dogs catching 57 and 68 on good ground, but i dont rate adog by rabbits in the bag unless hard rabbits on winter wheat, thta can dance and hares on hard ground and roe when it was all legal not the amount its the land they run and how the perforrm ,been all over the british iles fen like land localy were a dog has to be good to catch ,as there no easy ones day time or nite time now i would love to see the llegends try on that ground , had the bruce up and had single handed up on thta type of ground ,its testing for most dogs and any moon can be difficult big slips in and out lamp thye go and have to catch out of lamp now thats a dog and the best dogs ive saw were best coursing dog bred to best collie type or grew type or the odd saluk type nohedges fences shitty pure ru nning ability and the man behind the wheel or on foot les says the better

Duck wing when the collie cur beat "Blue" was it not a knock out senario?? and it beat by one rabbit?? I dont know just a tale I heard then on the way home blue knocked over a few hares??

One thing is for sure "blue" must of made some impact on the dogging world as he is still mentioned and it will be undispuited he put plenty of gear to bed and the man Minshaw grafted his dogs to there limits. And also he wont of been alone working his dogs to their limits plenty deadicated men will work there dogs hard.

Not sure there will be many more legends or so called Legends in to days climit would not be worth the hassle or the notorioty..

NOPE ..... BLUE WAS BEATEN WELL .... SIMPLE AS

REMEMBER 99 % OF THE TIME MINSHAW AND PALS RAN THEIR DOGS DOUBLED UP .... ON EVERYTHING !

A FEW OF THE MEN I AM PROUD TO CALL FRIENDS SAW BLUE AND ALL THE OTHERS OF THAT ERA RAN ........ THEY SAID TO ME THEY WERE GOOD CATCH DOGS WITH STAMINA .......... BUT VERY MEDIOCRE WHEN RAN SINGLE ......SOMETHING FOR YOU LADS TO THINK ON ?

YOU SEE LADS ........ SOME LADS ARE GENUINE MEN WHO DONT REQUIRE THEIR NAME IN LIGHTS ABOVE THEIR KENNELS YETS ARE OUT DOING THE BUSINESS WEEK IN WEEK OUT ........ JUST BECAUSE THEY ARENT IN A MAG OR ON HERE DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT OUT THERE ...........................

OTHERS ?

WELL IT HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR MEN TO GO AS FAR AS ... FREEZING GAME IN A DEEP FREEZE TILL THE BAG OF A WEEK / MONTHES CATCH WAS BROUGHT OUT AND PHOTOGRAPHED .......... THATS HOW FAR SOME WILL GO TO IMPRESS GREENHORNS IN THE GAME THAT HAVENT KILLED BIG NUMBERS !!!

YOU FELLAS BETTER CHEW ON THE ABOVE ..... ITS THE BEST BIT OF INFO YOU WILL GET ............... BECAUSE IT MEANS ONLY ONE THING

A GOOD DOGS MADE BY GETTING IT OUT OFTEN WHERE THERES PLENTY OF GAME ..... AND TESTING .....

ONE THING ABOUT MINSHAW WAS HE WASNT AFRAID TO GET ON THE LAND HOLDING BIG NUMBERS , AND WE ALL KNOW THE BIG NUMBERS ARE MOSTLY ON KEEPERD LAND ...... THOUGH I SUPPOSE BEING A LITTLE SHITE OF A HOUSE / FARM BURGLAR GETTING CAUGHT POACHING WASNT HIGH ON HIS PRIORITYS !

THE TRUTHS ON ALWAYS EASY TO SWALLOW

DUCKWING

• Like 2

Cheers for mentioning my bitch Ginny, although she is no longer with me due to a incident half way through the season involving the scottish police she had a lot of big bags SINGLE HANDED on the rabbits her best being 50, and she was more than capable of catching more, just the night me and TOMO got the 100 we thought we would leave it at a nice round 100 and I think TOMO would also agree that Ginny had alot more left in the tank, but at one stage i think Ginny had mabey caught 10 more than TOMO's so we let TOMO's bitch Tara(not Visa lol) catch up and kept Ginny on the lead lol. She could also retrieve hare, fox and track deer single handed (day or night) and there is members on here witnessed her do this. And just another thing to add all my dad's dog were more than capable of doing the job single handed and far from mediocer. My dad seen lamping more as a job back in the day and was regularly coming home with big bags of hare, deer and rabbit. All making a decent wage... Thanks for those who mentioned Ginny on here its much appreciated, because in my eyes and many others thats just what she was......... She will be missed let me tell you..

A few pics of Ginny and my dads old dogs.....

Ginny

DSC00716.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

Shot and retrieved..

DSC00699-1.jpg

71 Ginny and Tara, Ginny caught 40 this night...

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

100 rabbits...

DSCF1235.jpg

Few of my dads dogs... All pre-ban, dont think theres any need in telling you the cars and clothes say that lol...

Patch out of Bulpa and Jess...

book375Patch.jpg

Bulpa and Kes( Kes out of Bulpa and Tess)

book164BulpaandKes-1.gif

Jack, single handed...

book101Jackj.jpg

Bulpa and Rambo, Bulpa took the buck single handed...

book188BulpaandRambo.jpg

Bulpa..

book4Bulpa.jpg

Jess and Patch...

book391PatchandJess.jpg

Kes single handed....

book374Kes.jpg

Blue and Rambo...

book502RamboandBlue.jpg

Tess( kes's dam)

book460Tess.jpg

book485Tess.jpg

Nipper, Blues sire...

book525NipperandJess.jpg

Patch and Jess...

book246PatchandJess.jpg

Jack as a young un single handed..

book158Jack.gif

book239Bulpa.jpg

Bulpa and Meg..

book143MegandBulpa.jpg

Sorry bout all the photo's lol.

• Like 4

your dog looked very good ginny spinner. i have to agree with the above though it

does go down alot to the bloke who owns the dog. if you get out 4-5 times a week

and travel if needed to find game your dog will get more experience. the thing with

legend dogs is though you dont here about the really goods one because these bloke

do not want it published. i no of a bullx now doing amazing bags a true single handed

dog out every night if the lad can. you would never hear him talking about it. i

have a dog down from it in first season and is doing well. you can not put things

upon these places though now. im sure people no of and own dogs on here that will

not post. nice to read about the ones on here though

atb for rest of season mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy