LEGEND LAMPING DOGS

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for mentioning my bitch Ginny, although she is no longer with me due to a incident half way through the season involving the scottish police she had a lot of big bags SINGLE HANDED on the rabbi

MINSHAWS BLUE ? .......... GOT BEAT IN A MATCH BY A MATES FIRST CROSS CUR / GREYHOUND   THE UNBEATABLE BLUE ? ....... YEAH RIGHT   MORE CRAPS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT BOTH COURSING AND LAMPING DO

NOPE ..... BLUE WAS BEATEN WELL .... SIMPLE AS   REMEMBER 99 % OF THE TIME MINSHAW AND PALS RAN THEIR DOGS DOUBLED UP .... ON EVERYTHING ! A FEW OF THE MEN I AM PROUD TO CALL FRIENDS SAW BLUE AND

we here loads about all these top class daytime dogs. Is there any famous lamping dogs living or dead if so what breed are they and what are there achievments.

personally a have never heard of a top class lamping dog a lot of lads will have good lamping dogs for different quarry some will have all rounder lamping dogs

Edited by KAKA

top class lamping dog well asd had a few but had one called bulpa and that achived loads big bags of rabbit,hare,deer and real decent numbers to (minshaw breed)

Ya it would have too be them for me aswell,

Minshaw's Blue

Asd's Bulpa

Asd's Jack

And a son out of Jack called Chester just too name a few,

But all the famouse Names/Breeding in the world dont matter,if YOU dont put the gear in front of them..!!

• Like 1

top class lamping dog well asd had a few but had one called bulpa and that achived loads big bags of rabbit,hare,deer and real decent numbers to (minshaw breed)

Minshaw's Blue

Asd's Bulpa

Asd's Jack

But all the famouse Names/Breeding in the world dont matter,if YOU dont put the gear in front of them..!!

MINSHAWS BLUE ? .......... GOT BEAT IN A MATCH BY A MATES FIRST CROSS CUR / GREYHOUND

THE UNBEATABLE BLUE ? ....... YEAH RIGHT

MORE CRAPS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT BOTH COURSING AND LAMPING DOGS THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT !

DOGS DOING THE TON ? ....... SEEN ONE PAIR DO IT TWICE WITHIN A MONTH , SEEN IT DONE HALF A DOZEN TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND DONE IT TWICE MYSELF ........... ALL GOOD DOGS ,...... LEGENDS ? .... I WOULDNT SAY SO

I DONT GIVE THAT TITLE OUT EASY ........ LIKE SOME ....

DUCKWING

DUCKWING

DUCKWING

• Like 2

I think a lot of these legends of lamping became that due to the area and the ease big bags of rabbits could be caught by reasonable dogs although by the amount they caught you carnt take nothing away from these dogs.I witnessed this with the T.Mcphee dogs that came down here from caithness were i was told they caught very high numbers up there but i would say they were averidge [bANNED TEXT] they came down here but good dogs all the same.atb dell

Minshaw's Blue

Asd's Bulpa

Asd's Jack

MINSHAWS BLUE ? .......... GOT BEAT IN A MATCH BY A MATES FIRST CROSS CUR / GREYHOUND

THE UNBEATABLE BLUE ? ....... YEAH RIGHT

MORE CRAPS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT BOTH COURSING AND LAMPING DOGS THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT !

DOGS DOING THE TON ? ....... SEEN ONE PAIR DO IT TWICE WITHIN A MONTH , SEEN IT DONE HALF A DOZEN TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND DONE IT TWICE MYSELF ........... ALL GOOD DOGS ,...... LEGENDS ? .... I WOULDNT SAY SO

I DONT GIVE THAT TITLE OUT EASY ........ LIKE SOME ....

DUCKWING

DUCKWING

DUCKWING

what do you mean 100 with two dogs? if so i would say there are a lot of dogs that could do that if the rabbits are there to run. they musnt have been lamped much before as i know places at the start of the season where my dog can get 20 in half an hour, then back end of season i know places where 5 all nights a good bag as the rabbits are flying and lampshy.

what about ginny and visa,i think it was these two they did the ton (100) with

do you know what cross they are. i know ginny is a minshaw and visa i think is saluki x but dont quote me, both lads are on here, tomo and ginny spinner

Edited by dazzb

Just a few years ago, a mate and myself were travelling along the Alston to Stanhope road at 1.30 in the morning after doing some work there,- we had to slow the car down, you couldn't drive on the road, it was just a carpet of rabbits. An average dog would have become a legend that night,- they just froze in the headlights. Never seen so many rabbits in one place.