where are people using their dogs?

you obv avent seen many bullxs run have you pal a goood qtr bull will catch them allday and retreive and as for fighting bull xs haha y and does wat you wer say who you are NO wat do you were wirralman

you have mis understood the post,I never said the bull crosses are for fighting,I said look what bulls were originally bred for,why would anyone fight a bull lurcher?I don,t understand the last part of your post,if you would like to re-write it, I'll try and answer it,I did say that I had'nt seen any,not that they can't,this is supposed to be about healthy debate on a forum website,not conversion or we would all have the same cross,they appear to be a popular cross at this moment in time so they must have something going for them,all crosses have their virtues and we all think our cross is great but it is only through reasoned discussion that we educate ourselves and make our own personal choice,lots of lads with grey in their hair like me have seen all these crosses have their faze of popularity:saluki,collie,deerhound etc.Its not about falling out and being aggressive,its about healthy reasoned debate.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when is a bull x judged on it ability to catch hares? Its not bred for it. They can and will catch hares. but anyone who believes your typical bull x can be compared to a coursing dog in relation to hares is away with the fearies. But then you don't buy a bull x with the intention of having an A1 coursing dog (unless your a daft prick like 90% of this forum.) Swop it around and compare the typical bull x with the typical coursing dog on the bull x's quarry and 90% of the time the bull bred dog is going to shine. Exceptions to the rule in both cases of course.

As for bull x's been fighters, BULL SHIT. I think ive came across three aggressive bull xs in all the ones ive seen. Two owned by the same person. And to be honest, they wernt well bred bull x's. I've got a bullx and a colie x in my kennel, both 100% with dogs. Share the same bowl. The bull xs is hard on his quarry but if another dog shows him aggression he will turn away and do everything in his power to get away from the situation. And they are aggressive dogs?

And this dog can catch everything execpt for a rabbit. But then he did not come to my kennel to catch rabbits!

some good strong points of view well said

Guest DogFaceKillah

i acutally knd of agree with some things you say W.C.M, i think the bull x now is a fashion accsessory for idiots with poor knowlege of dogs and is just a tool on a lead that runs fast with a savagery of a bull at the end, but there are some well bred 3/4 cross out there that do vast numbers of bunnys, and alot of other things and mix it up well in a nihts work working with teeth and coursing, and will get out an ferret, there is one partiuclar bitch that comes to mind ino of that is 3/4 grey 1/4 bull maybe a dash of saluki in there not entierly sure, that ive seen make a show of fairly well bred coursing stuff, but maybe shes a special case! i think its healthy to wiegh up all aspects of all breeds! as for you shaggydog learn how to spell and use grammer you worm

Wirral countryman, the fact is you have owned one bullx & have generalised to the extreme. You seem like a sensible old bloke but unless you have seen a large number of bullx's actually work how can you judge the breed & not the dog? All salukis are untrainable, all terrier crosses yap, all collie bred dogs can lack in gameness. Judge the dog not the breed. I have owned different x's & there are good & bad in all :thumbs:

i have'nt seen an anti bull X thread in a week or so, i guess its time the bias snobby arse holes had another go at a great alround cross because theres no collie in it

wankersssssssssss

just want to add i'm not knocking any other cross, the best rabbiting dog i've had was a whippet/collie/grey and have mates with varied breeds of dogs that suited there needs perfictly

Edited by wetdogsmell

collies for show bulls for a pro!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just plain stupid. Or maybe your right - all people who own bull x's are professional dog men. . . . . and every man who owns a collie cross just has it cos it looks pretty and none of them are good workers.

Generalisations are retarded.

jai.

i think this whole post is retarted making statements then going back on them!!! since when the f**k was a bull x bred for hares urrmm never so shoudnt be judged as hare dogs, they were bred for a reason game that bites back. thats what they are good at however bull x's are more than capable of taking hauls of rabbits and hares pre ban of coarse. i have seen and owned bullx's that retrieve live to hand FACT.

you obv avent seen many bullxs run have you pal a goood qtr bull will catch them allday and retreive and as for fighting bull xs haha y and does wat you wer say who you are NO wat do you were wirralman

I am glad this post was not addressed to me ,because I cannot make head nor tail of it!

Edited by inan

I do not beleive a bullx can compete with a purpose bred saluki x for hare coursing ,as I said I would expect Bull x's to shine at other types of hunting ,with the accent on "heavy duty" work.

Why the owners of these dogs feel the need to defend them so vociferously ,I don't know, they have their strong points ,but hare coursing preban ,is not one of them,imo.

Guest DogFaceKillah

if you read the thread noone states that they are coursing dogs or its a strong point of the breed, the argument was wirralcountry man said hes never seen a bull x catch a hare day time! thats were the debate was held

real lurchermen (or women) for the most part keep to themselves, they work hard training their dogs, getting and keeping permission and don't need to display pics of their deeds. theres also too many individuals (cant use the words lurchermen or hunters) willing to steal ground, dogs or ferrets

never seen a bull cross that could catch a good winter daytime hare,and if it did by some misfortune;the hare running into something:it would be eaten before you could get to it,but all the butch tyro hunters will all be off to the fens now you've told them where they are,bull crosses are not running dogs,they're fighting dogs

take a look at this bull x it take more rabbits /hare than most other lurchers proven

post-33697-126539348666_thumb.jpg