16month old pat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look mate im not treating you as a fool just giveing my view ive tried and failed with plenty and its gutting when you have them from pups do everthing you think right and when entering they aint up t

if the bitch is no good dont know [bANNED TEXT] you mean by send her on her way if she shit putt her down thats why theres so much shit about people selling crap on so best of luck with it

dont be like that . she didnt want to go i wont fofce her. i give her this season and try her again. im only giving my opinion. dont want 2 offend you butty. but your to eager on the trigger mate

if sum of you read my post i didnt say not to give her time i said not sell them on if you got the room keep her til she 2 or 3 or 10 if the bitch was slow not ready give her time butt the bitch is finding and not staying and thats a problem id want to have at least a dig out of her before id put her away may be im wrong

Guest AngelicAcid

Honestly mate, it can go allways.

i had a decent little bitch who self entered at 9 months old, all my fault, she came good, then jacked it all in.

I must of tried her over 100 times after she jacked, just hioping she would stay, she now rats on allotments.

Just keep trying, you never know, you hear of dogs coming good well over the 2 yr old mark.

Remember she is a baby still.

Hello folk,

I have a 16 month old patterdale bitch which wont stay too ground,she comes out after 10 or 15 mins sees me and goes back in.

She has only been to ground 5 or 6 times,

Should i hold on to her until next year and try her again,or send her on her way ?

How many chances do ye give them?

I new at this lark.

" 16 months old won't stay too ground " i think at times people expect too much from these little dogs at a young age ..... personally speaking at 16 months old the pup would only be running through empty earths and ragging dead carcass . don't listen to the silly comment about shooting the pup . hold her off till next season and then try her again .

look mate im not treating you as a fool just giveing my view ive tried and failed with plenty and its gutting when you have them from pups do everthing you think right and when entering they aint up to it thats all im saying you can give them chance after chance hope she works for you

• Like 1

Sorry nuggett just thought you were jumping down my throat :thumbs:

Im still in two minds,but ill give her a few more tries,but she is pushing it!

Good site this lads cheers

what's the problem with waiting until next season ??? give the bitch a fair chance .

I would leave her untill the back end of cubbing time. Find an earth that a seasoned dog has posotively marked, you know there is deffo something in it. Let the dog enter ans see the outcome. By this time she should be 19-20 months and chances are if she is ever going to go, she will by that age. If she jacks, dig the fox with the experienced worker to prove there IS something to ground, if there is the decision is yours.

If it were me, at that stage i would cut my losses and PTS

Hope your dog comes alright in the end bud.

FTB

• Like 1

nugget done the same with a lurcher. didnt give her a chance my mate had her got her fit . which is the most important thing or all in my view. my mate over the moon with her. good things come to them who wait. ATB with it . nugget dont know jack shit mate. he only out 3 / 4 times a year :tongue2:

I would leave her untill the back end of cubbing time. Find an earth that a seasoned dog has posotively marked, you know there is deffo something in it. Let the dog enter ans see the outcome. By this time she should be 19-20 months and chances are if she is ever going to go, she will by that age. If she jacks, dig the fox with the experienced worker to prove there IS something to ground, if there is the decision is yours.

If it were me, at that stage i would cut my losses and PTS

Hope your dog comes alright in the end bud.

FTB

good sound advice there mate :thumbs: