16month old pat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look mate im not treating you as a fool just giveing my view ive tried and failed with plenty and its gutting when you have them from pups do everthing you think right and when entering they aint up t

if the bitch is no good dont know [bANNED TEXT] you mean by send her on her way if she shit putt her down thats why theres so much shit about people selling crap on so best of luck with it

dont be like that . she didnt want to go i wont fofce her. i give her this season and try her again. im only giving my opinion. dont want 2 offend you butty. but your to eager on the trigger mate

lets not get personal dick head i took you out 3 weeks ago we ran a fox in a 3 hole earth and i said for you to keep trying your young bith instead put a 6 year old bitch in you aint got a f*****g clue about earth dogs stick to ratting and rabbiting and tell every body how many times you picked the shovel up its safe to say you wont be comeing again thats your lot

You say you are new to terrier work, does your pup know what to do with things underground ? Have you let her see other dogs work and dropped her in at the end. Sounds like your dog doesn't know what you want from her, she's probably been told off for chasing livestock and stuff from an early age, maybe she doesn't realise what you want. Drop her in at the end of a few digs when she's showing real interest, get her going on some dead stuff and let her get the feel for it, you'll soon know if she wants it or not.

yea give it another season feed it kennel it all summer and have same prob next season pink head only fucks about with rat and rabbits no point kidding your self if its going in and finding thats the hardest part weather its 20 holes or 2 holes if she keeps comeing out and going back to the same spot and not staying i wouldnt keep her you keep giveing them chances you have a keenel full of shit

i might be of a different opinion here, are we saying that the only dogs good to ground are stayers? have you ever worked a "flyer"? they find,harass and when it gets hot they move.find again often from a different approach.i have had a bitch and her bitch pup who both worked like this and no fox held it out long with them.they only made contact at the arse end(neither were ever marked and some foxes bolted with the brush stripped).both were tested in trials and did well.

digging is not the only way to bag the fox.what of the earths we cannot dig?

dogs like this will work seven times a week as they are not sore,no vets bills(from work on their quarry).

i acn see that some think the dog does not make the grade and for digging men they may not but surely the dog should not be put to sleep because the "style of work" does not fit you? this dog is also quite young and may mature.

just a thought.

• Like 1

yea give it another season feed it kennel it all summer and have same prob next season pink head only fucks about with rat and rabbits no point kidding your self if its going in and finding thats the hardest part weather its 20 holes or 2 holes if she keeps comeing out and going back to the same spot and not staying i wouldnt keep her you keep giveing them chances you have a keenel full of shit

i might be of a different opinion here, are we saying that the only dogs good to ground are stayers? have you ever worked a "flyer"? they find,harass and when it gets hot they move.find again often from a different approach.i have had a bitch and her bitch pup who both worked like this and no fox held it out long with them.they only made contact at the arse end(neither were ever marked and some foxes bolted with the brush stripped).both were tested in trials and did well.

digging is not the only way to bag the fox.what of the earths we cannot dig?

dogs like this will work seven times a week as they are not sore,no vets bills(from work on their quarry).

i acn see that some think the dog does not make the grade and for digging men they may not but surely the dog should not be put to sleep because the "style of work" does not fit you? this dog is also quite young and may mature.

just a thought.

different dogs have different style of how to work have not got a problem with out and out bayers butt if the quarry aint going to bolt then the dog should stay till dug to and id be preety pissed of if i had to dig holes here there and every where as for places where you cant dig you dont put a dog there unless you could call it out

different dogs have different style of how to work have not got a problem with out and out bayers butt if the quarry aint going to bolt then the dog should stay till dug to and id be preety pissed of if i had to dig holes here there and every where as for places where you cant dig you dont put a dog there unless you could call it out

exactly my point. a flyer will bolt the fox where a stayer will not( stop ends etc) because she will allow the fox to get out of the corner only to find a dog on his backend a couple of min later.

i could only have steady guns when working these two for obvious reasons but they did not fail if the fox was home and no problem with badger and raccoon either( in germany).

i see the point of the digging men/women who need a dog to hold ground and bottle up. I find for quick bolts and lots of earths in a day that other styles of work do the trick( obviously a fox put to groundby hounds may not bolt to such a dog but i have never worked for a hunt or such like).

i have no problem with culling weak stock but some may be a little quick to carry out the task.

i'm not having a pop at anyone i just wanted to make a point.which i hope i have. cheers :thumbs:

yea that works for you your happy i do agree with giveing a young dog time butt how much i think most boys doing it regular cant afford to wait till they are 2 and half or 3 years old i think you should have worked the dog out by then if he aint working by 2 and a half i wouldnt keep them any longer thats just my view right or wrong

these boys on here are digging boys nugget . come ratting with me and leave them do what they do best :tongue2:

shut up dull boy dont worry bout rats stop them lurchers killing sheep thats why i wont take you again told you before i strike and their out should have put her down after the second sheep thats my last reply now your a clown