16month old pat

Hello folk,

I have a 16 month old patterdale bitch which wont stay too ground,she comes out after 10 or 15 mins sees me and goes back in.

She has only been to ground 5 or 6 times,

Should i hold on to her until next year and try her again,or send her on her way ?

How many chances do ye give them?

I new at this lark.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look mate im not treating you as a fool just giveing my view ive tried and failed with plenty and its gutting when you have them from pups do everthing you think right and when entering they aint up t

if the bitch is no good dont know [bANNED TEXT] you mean by send her on her way if she shit putt her down thats why theres so much shit about people selling crap on so best of luck with it

dont be like that . she didnt want to go i wont fofce her. i give her this season and try her again. im only giving my opinion. dont want 2 offend you butty. but your to eager on the trigger mate

I tried her in a few shallow earths at first nothing,so i got a bit impatient and let her into a few big earths that i knew was holding,

she sat back and bayed,no contact.

When she goes back down she does the same.

Im surprised at this little dog.

Leave her another season pal,give her the chance when i was in my late teens early 20s it would of been down the road, but ive had it twice now in terriers ive bred both of a similar age and there siblings took to it straight away so i was puzzled to this,i left the 1st bitch another 5 months tried her again she turned out a fair bitch, the second dog i had do this occured with a 15mths old dog i left him till he was 2 year old and tried him again and it was the best choice ive ever made hes an absolute corker 110% dog hes now pushing on past 4 and i would not part with the dog for anything hes never failed and had some real tough digs with him.If it still aint going at past 2 i would give it to a pet home on condition it was done and coundnt reproduce

• Like 1

yea give it another season feed it kennel it all summer and have same prob next season pink head only fucks about with rat and rabbits no point kidding your self if its going in and finding thats the hardest part weather its 20 holes or 2 holes if she keeps comeing out and going back to the same spot and not staying i wouldnt keep her you keep giveing them chances you have a keenel full of shit

Guest AngelicAcid

Nugget is as Nugget does. :laugh: :laugh:

Some lads dont even show anything until 18 months - 2 years.

I bet you force them down and keep your foot on the entrance.

Up to you lad, but persevere :thumbs: , or just get rid at every obstacle. :no:

• Like 1

Its all part of the game though aint it nugget, i would of done the same as you when i was younger its worth the chance it might come good it might not its not like its gonna cost a fortune to feed in the summer for 1 terrier is it and all the other terriers will be laid up in the summer anyway, i am just putting my opinion from past experience i could of got rid of the dog and bitch that did it to me and they both turned out good workers infact 1 of them turned out a corker so its a gamble ive just learned not to throw the towel in with a dog over a fall at the 1st hurdle