saluki

hmm.gif

its not a major problem ,these alledged defects and yes khan stuff is googd without doubt,but remember how khan is bred ....tepe/gawra x kizzy pharoh and dont think for a minuet e an injection of coo blood is the silver bullet , and will cure all,take it from me ,there is alot more sh...t coo blood out there than enough with major problems..

kizzy /pharoh ..tepe gawra ,is some of the fastest sal blood you can find anywhare in the world and im sure it will be around for a while yet ,yes there is allways room for inprovement ,it takes time ,could be years of carefull breeding to do this , its a tricky job and no quick fix answers , finding genuine working stock from around the world isnt easy ,and finding good stuff is a fkn nightmare thumbs.gif

Kizzy/pharoh saluki pup.

Meerihunter also had a pup from similar lines with the same problem icon_eek.gif

S6000616.jpg

whats the name of the sire and dam to that pup?

The sire was Delightful Cruise from the N.E., cannot for the life of me remember the dams name hmm.gif , i had a brief conversation with the breeders whilst the litter was for sale but thankfully decided not to pursue buying one

would be devestated if i bought a pup and it come walking from kitchen or kennel to me like that would freek anyone out that wouldbig_boss.gif

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

this pup has rickets caused by cold and or lack of vitamins keep him warm and give him some raw meat for 2 or 3 weeks and take another photo make sure he is fullv wormed first

It's not rickets :wallbash: , vet was unsure if it was genetic or diet.

As I said legs would return to normal after a rest and would only manifest itself after exercise, if it was rickets they would be permanently bowed.

He said if it was diet then it was too much calcium etc, the fact remains though that the pup must have a genetic predisposition for the condition.

this pup has rickets caused by cold and or lack of vitamins keep him warm and give him some raw meat for 2 or 3 weeks and take another photo make sure he is fullv wormed first

It's not rickets :wallbash: , vet was unsure if it was genetic or diet.

As I said legs would return to normal after a rest and would only manifest itself after exercise, if it was rickets they would be permanently bowed.

He said if it was diet then it was too much calcium etc, the fact remains though that the pup must have a genetic predisposition for the condition.

Of course at this point your vet was unaware of the 2 other cases from the same line, my Farah and Poachers Storm.

To put it bluntly is the breed f**ked without using different blood lines.

im a total novice regarding salukis, were the hell would i find out about the correct blood lines to get?

are breeders hideing there heads in the sand?

no its not ,,f,,,cked do some reacherch and no there not hiding there heads in the sand ;)

im researching...slowly..lol

but i havnt come :whistling: across breed faults but then i didnt think i would

BBB, it's clear for me, I will have my dogs blood tested for auto immune, if its there I will be honest enough to say so, as for the saturated bloodlines I've already addressed it to some degree by bringing in a pure Iranian/kurdish pup

Edited by Annie

Mark, name me other litters that have auto immune disorders, we know Kizzy/ Pharoh are massively inter breed but I don't think most of the coursing sals in this country are anything other than that, interbred, as a concerned Saluki owner please tell me where the auto immune disorder is linked to the Kizzy/ Pharoh lines

annie dont be concerned at all . one cannot be predisposed to a genetic fault especially if its not there in the first place . this to me is nothing short of a hatchet job on khan .the problem with the litter which produced the coloured pup with the windswept legs were they were very closely inbred the woman that bred them is known to forge papers and lie about how her pups are bred anyway. and a few bitches have thrown small pups by khan but then they have been small bitches them selves and related to khan and line breeding does produce smaller pups but as for genetic faults the lines have no genetic faults. in fact they are the only line of saluki in the country today that stop winter hares single handed and consistantly do it on fen or field . they are also undoubtedly the fastest line of saluki out there as well . i recently read on the sal site a well known saluki man talked of his day out with his sals and openly admitted to running them doubled up i asked if he always ran them doubled up but he never replied. i know of three pures by khan in england that consistantly do 2s and 3s on big land and are tested to the hilt and i know of lurchers by khan that are with very prominant coursing folk that are tested to the max and believe me if theres a fault in a dog he might hide it with a bit of lamping or mooching but a winter hare on open country will expose it thats for sure in a short space of time to . khans breeding as been foremost in some of the finest coursing dogs this country as seen and his line has been undoubtly the finest pures generation after generation admittedly we need new blood because the lines are very tight now but they are definately not carriers of any predisposed genetic faults. theres been a few salukies brought in recently from europe it will be interesting next year to see how they cope with a winter hare one things for sure if they aint got the pace and the mouth that the kizzy pharoh stock is famous for they are going to struggle

:thumbs: grand parents 2 my new pup

The bitch on the kennel looks VERY much like she,s off Deacon :yes: ...........was her dam Brian T,s "Pip"?

not sure what the grandmother come of pal would love 2 no tho she was called shootin kim and the dog in the photo with coat on is fair boy cruse os shilden lines they had a litter of pups my mate as got a dog out of them in wigan and its very very fast for saluki doin very well on big rabs on all types of land he put that 2 a good 3quater saluki bitch and and i hav a pup of them he just looks like a pure saluki black and tan he his very game he nearly 4 month now i will put some pics up soon of him :thumbs:

they are the parents to my bitch mate and crise of shildon is the sire of fair boy

when you getting a pup?

how old is your bitch pal bount 20 month my pal as the farther got my he his 3 month old whats the mother 2 yours pal

yes mate about that sire fair boy and dam shooting kim in your photo sadly been pts now

is yours a pure saluki or was it a pup out of the litter of lurcher pups

yes thats it farther 2 my pup is your bitchis litter brother mother 3quatar saluki quatar grayhound a good bitch mine is black an tan just looks like a pure saluki

i mean the mother 2 my pup is 3quatar saluki quatar grayhound pal

must be different a different litter and different sire

Bigliks pup is from the brother of jack, jebs and suki. I sold the pup to tony in wigan who put him to a bitch and bigliks got a pup from there. Hope that has cleared the confusion.

they are the parents to my bitch mate and crise of shildon is the sire of fair boy

when you getting a pup?

how old is your bitch pal bount 20 month my pal as the farther got my he his 3 month old whats the mother 2 yours pal

yes mate about that sire fair boy and dam shooting kim in your photo sadly been pts now

is yours a pure saluki or was it a pup out of the litter of lurcher pups

yes thats it farther 2 my pup is your bitchis litter brother mother 3quatar saluki quatar grayhound a good bitch mine is black an tan just looks like a pure saluki

i mean the mother 2 my pup is 3quatar saluki quatar grayhound pal

must be different a different litter and different sire

Bigliks pup is from the brother of jack, jebs and suki. I sold the pup to tony in wigan who put him to a bitch and bigliks got a pup from there. Hope that has cleared the confusion.

does anyone no what lines shootin kim came from :thumbs: