Good shot - haven't seen one of these for years, not since all the mink got loose... :(

Yes, the Mink are a bloody pest. Thankfully we have been hard with them on the land the Water Rail lives on. I think theres only one mink left and thats living on borrowed time!!! :gunsmilie: Its a shame that the Animal Liberators didnt look at the wider implications of widespread Mink Releases before they went about "setting them free". :icon_eek::thumbdown: For evry action there is a reaction and sadly its the native british water wildlife that will continue to pay for the short-sighted mink release. I only hope that the government will pay for a long term mink irradication scheme to try and sort the problem out, though perhaps the horse has probably bolted too far...... :wallbash:

Good shot - haven't seen one of these for years, not since all the mink got loose... :(

Yes, the Mink are a bloody pest. Thankfully we have been hard with them on the land the Water Rail lives on. I think theres only one mink left and thats living on borrowed time!!! :gunsmilie: Its a shame that the Animal Liberators didnt look at the wider implications of widespread Mink Releases before they went about "setting them free". :icon_eek::thumbdown: For evry action there is a reaction and sadly its the native british water wildlife that will continue to pay for the short-sighted mink release. I only hope that the government will pay for a long term mink irradication scheme to try and sort the problem out, though perhaps the horse has probably bolted too far...... :wallbash:

Ive been pushing the idea with them for years, but just cant get the ball rolling! :angry: I belive that if a decent bounty was put on them they could be seriously reduced. And in some areas eradicated.

Nice photo, I caught one recently in a live rabbit trap and got a pic of it in my hand on the phone. They are very illusive and because of this are rarely seen. We are doing our best on the mink front too, if they get on our ponds they don't leave. Their smell is highly trackable and thats their lot.