Messed up a really good hare pic today. Problem being i inadvertantly got too close to the hare that was sat tight in a wood. It would have made a superb photo save for my stupidity in not having the camera lens set on th close up function!!! However as hares are apt to run in a large circle i managed to cut his trail and ended up with a rather hasty snap from over a drystone wall....JD

post-16-126287128481_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies, but that shot wasnt what i wanted. I have man,y many hundreds of hares in the snow pics and so this makes a person a bit fussy!!lol...The photos i am trying to achieve are unusual ones and hares in stances that look slightly mysterious....if that makes sense....I didnt likethe shot i posted as i do not like the hares eyes, or indeed, anything about it for that matter!! :wallbash:

I will have taken about 50+ running shots of hares today and i deleted 47 of them!!

This is the shot i messed up on...The lense only focusses to 6meters and i was too close. I should have put the setting on close up!! My loss, but i am learning all the time....Thanks for the comments by the way...JD

post-16-126290071091_thumb.jpg

alright no1, thinkin about pics off hares, do you remember the hare i spotted sat tight in the heather early last yr how did that picture turn out !

Well Number 1 It didnt comeout too brilliant, but i am sure it may grace the pages of a book one day. :victory: Text me your adress, i have something for you... :thumbs:

I understand exactly what you mean about the blurd pic, it is the real image that people have of a squatting hare, aware, ready and nervous, shame it didnt come clear.

Also know what you mean about the running hare, most people who carry a camera can snap these, as thats what the majority of us see....