• 5 weeks later...

Did some sloe vodla and gin this year the missis loves the stuff, wanting to try doing some elder flower wine next year as it sounds easy enough, any 1 ready to offer any advice?

If you're looking to make elderflower wine make sure you don't get the rank elderflowers ..there ARE 2 different types of flower ..go around and smell them you'll know the difference ..elderflower was one of the best i ever made along with pea pod ..very drinkeable so make lots

my neighbour made some slow vodka she made a bottle 4 me but she said she would give me it when im 18 :( four years 2 go

hi all, daft question made some blackberry vodka last september, too strong to drink on its own any ideas what would go well with it .

you could try adding sugar to turn it into a liquer or mix as a long drink using lemonade or if you do not like it sweet try mixing with tonic water ,it realy depends on what you like mate ....ps paracetamol for the next morning advisd...lol

Did some sloe vodla and gin this year the missis loves the stuff, wanting to try doing some elder flower wine next year as it sounds easy enough, any 1 ready to offer any advice?

If you're looking to make elderflower wine make sure you don't get the rank elderflowers ..there ARE 2 different types of flower ..go around and smell them you'll know the difference ..elderflower was one of the best i ever made along with pea pod ..very drinkeable so make lots

I made a batch of elderberry wine years ago drank two bottles one night and missed the next two days....good stuff

oh man i love homebrew i carnt get enough

fav is elderflower chapers

elderflower cordial

elderberry wine

rice wine

and plenty of spirits (moonshine as it's called )

this is not a bad place to start if you want to get in to wine making

http://www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/recipes.htm

if you have young teenagers and thay like there alco pops then i suggest you pop down to your local

brew shop and pick up a pack of still spirits turbo yeast and carbon along with 6ix bags of sugar and 21 ltrs of warm water leave for 7 to ten days

syhon off wait till it clears or get turbo fining and add to diffrent flavors and colourings ,

it will get around 14-18 percent alcohol. not to strong so there throwing up all over .

lik for yeast

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/Turbo_Yeasts.html

link for alco tec flavor shots a little bit dearer but you get all your equpment.

and it is only 120 shots ware as if you did it with still spirits kit you have 5 gallon or fourty pints.

plus i have about 6 diffrent book on making wine if anyone wants to try and carnt find a recipe for it give up a shout.m

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/Alcoshots.html