AIR ARMS HARDCORE HUNTERS

davyt63

Hi every one

I had spike25blue aka rob, down to visit me the week end.

And on his arrival I cooked him a rabbit curry, which would warm us up for the short trip out Friday night to the business park. “All my guests! Are well fedâ€

ABCD0005-18.jpg

ABCD0006-18.jpg

After we had eaten it was time to get ready to go out, so gathered all the kit together and we were of. Rob insisted he used his new toy AAS510 .177 and I must say a nice piece of kit, we had to make a stop of at Charlie’s to drop of his new toy a “falcon light hunter;†he was well impressed with it

A nice hunting tool too!

we got to the B/park at about 7:00pm a quick word with the security guard and we were in. of we went up to the top of the park but the quarry wasn’t playing “tonight†to cut a long story short we had 2 shots each which were missed! , it was just to get out show rob show of his new toy really lol

So we didn’t stay out to long as we had a 6:30am pick up by Charlie We had to make a stop of as Charlie’s to drop of his new toy a “falcon light hunter .177†he was well impressed with it A nice hunting tool too!

Saturday

Charlie picked rob and I up at 6:30am to go over to Stanford place a 55 acres permission, we got there as it was still dark but not much about see a couple as we drove over the front lawn but they out witted us an scarpered. Rob and chaz had a little drive round and I went to have a look in the back garden where I had seen 2 before, I sat there for an hour but no show. As I was making my way back to the truck I see movement out of the corner of my eye and it was a squizzer! As I watched it for a while hoping it would show its self to me, it wasn’t to be so had to go back behind the wall and try and get a shot of there. But there was to many branches in the way so I had to wait for it to come in to view which took about 20 minutes THWACK! The waiting was over and so was the squizzer!!

where it fell

ABCD0007-17.jpg

and where it was shot from

ABCD0008-18.jpg

I made my way back to the truck, and Charlie and rob were on walk about, so I started to make my way to the small woods where I have bagged before. As im walking over I see Charlie and rob and wait for them to come across. We had a chat they had seen not much and same as, so I took rob in the small woods with me to see if we could get anything! on are approach we see there was one out but it clocked us and ran, as we got settled I spotted another but missed again the excitement took over and I missed DOH! I think rob had a couple of shots as well but to no avail!

ABCD0010-14.jpg

ABCD0011-14.jpg

After been in there for a while it was time for a soup and a cuppa so back to the truck for brunch lol and as we had seen very little movement we decided to leave and go to gainfield just 10 minutes away. But not before a quick zero session didn’t want to be missing again today lol

ABCD0012-12.jpg

ABCD0013-13.jpg

ABCD0014-11.jpg

ABCD0015-12.jpg

So of to gainfield we got to the gate unlocked it “good job I remembered the combination†lol as it was heavy rain we sat in the truck and sniped from the truck, we see a couple out but they soon went to ground. So we faced the truck north and I jumped in the boot with the window down and rob and chaz both had a window to shoot through covering 100% of the major warren so if one popped up we had it covered. An hour or two passed and still nothing, so just avin a little look around with me range finder and spotted a bunny out with its ears back real close to the ground. I ranged it and it was 45yds and me tinks “I’ll have this one†my only concern was the wind but I had taken shots here before in 10mph winds and have had good results. So I asked rob if he would video it for me, and I would give him the call to record! Up comes the AAS410 to shoulder cross hairs on target 1 mil under 1 mil left. Now picture the scene im in the boot sat on me arse! S410 on me knee not the most comfortable positions but had to make the most out of a bad situation, ROB!! And 5 seconds later THWACK!! up it goes a back flip and down dead “CRACKING SHOT “ rob said and we had a bit of banter as the night before we were watching “Fred carters 24hr rabbit raid†here is some footage of the shot I’ll let you guys decide whether it was a good shot!

th_M2U00335-1.jpg

and here is my retreiver lol

th_M2U00336.jpg

and some pics

ABCD0016-12.jpg

ABCD0017-11.jpg

ABCD0018-12.jpg

a while passed and still very quiet, so rob had an idea to put the guts out to attract any birds. And it did a couple of magpies! But they were keen but very cautious and I tink they teased us a bit but never took the bait. not much happened after the great shot lol I tink rob had a couple and chaz one shots that is lol .so we called it a day and set of home to get some grub ,before are lamping trip to some verbal permission we have.

A quick txt to the land owner and it was ok to go over; we agreed to be picked up in an hour. after a quick bite to eat we were of again we got to the permission just before dusk and after moving the lorry which was blocking are entrance in to the field it was game on! We headed north and just about to go through a gate and the first target had arrived a quick STOP! To chaz and THWACK! 5 minutes in and the first in the bag it wasn’t long before rob evened the score with a lovely head shot from about 15 yds and it pretty much went like this for the rest of the evening but will ad it was pissing it down. So all the stories you here about bunny’s not coming out in the rain is total b######s.this is said by those who do not go out in the rain, but we are “hardcore air arm huntersâ€

So it was of to get a kebab, and home to wipe the rifles down and oil them up for Sunday

SUNDAY

Chaz picked us up at 6:45am as we were only 5 minute away from Liddington

And the famous “moonlight valley†as we got there once again! It was hammering down so a quick cuppa of tea to warm the cockles, then out came the ponchos to keep us dry and the rifles & kit chaz headed south and rob and I went west, and the plan was to meet in moonlight valley. as we were going along the fence line we spotted 3 bunny’s out a bout 80 yds away so had a slow stalk to them but to no avail they scarpered, so we froze for a wile the 10 minutes later another two came out and went straight back in “the must have spotted robs face†lol

We got to m/valley and got are self set up after a bit of a recky and a fag on the hill side. I spotted one at 35yds but couldn’t get a clear shot so had to move to get a clear shot, but very slowly and it clocked me and to ground it went .I was fuming! Because I had my cross hairs on it already but was not comfortable taking that shot. But mainly because I had waited an hour lol I had another 2 shots but they did not connect yes! I missed again lol

But rob had a couple of shots and came back with one chaz hadn’t had a shot but we all enjoyed the week end shooting or shall I say misses. I tink out of a possible 11 shots we came home with 6 bunny’s and 1 squizzer

So 7 out of 11 aren’t bad! Me tinks. We were going out Sunday night lamping but rob was too tired lol I don’t know these young guys cant take it me tinks! Lol

her's more pics

ABCD0020-14.jpg

my sniping position

ABCD0003-20.jpg

warrens

ABCD0002-16.jpg

ABCD0001-24.jpg

and rob with his bag for the day

ABCD0004-18.jpg

it was a good week end and we had a good crack!

happy hunting

davy

Davy,

Always the best write ups!

You should get yourself a cheap second hand camera for taking pics. (well, you shoot with plenty of other things so you might as well shoot with that too!)

How does Charlie get on with the Lighthunter? They're cracking guns, can't fault them, and they look great too!

very nice that guys nice read, if you dont mind me asking what silencer is on the S510 i,m curios :thumbs:

Looks like an HW100 silencer?

That shot from 45 yards was good. Ive had it before when you just see their ears and you sit there waiting for the head to appear to get the shot. Last time i did it the bunny was only a 1/2 grown one, but that one there looks massive!!!!!

With regards to the rain... I always see bunnys out when its hammering down with rain. Id have thought they wouldnt like getting wet. Must take ages to dry all that fur, but they dont seem bothered.

Great write up davy and well done for braving the rain.

I didn't see one rabbit out this weekend until the wind died down in the late evening. I don't think they mind the rain so much, but our "soft southern" rabbits don't like the wind at all!

Cheers

Sib

A brilliant write up Davy (Fred Carter) mate :thumbs:

The 45 yarder was a lovely shot and the video footage was spot on pal.

You keep shooting video footage like that mate and ill be out of a job :boxing:

It always warms me to see someone who knows what they are doing with a sub 12FP rifle shooting at bunnies at long range.

You seem to be very efficient Davy with the rifle so i applaud you friend for your skill and patients :clapper: .

Keep up the great work lads

Zini.

Edited by zini