whippetxgrayhounds

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DDIFFERNCE BETWEEN THEM IS THAT A NON PEDIGREE DOGS USUALY HAVE SOME GREYHOUND BLOOD IN THEM & ARE RUN UNDER THE BRITISH WHIPPET RACING ASSOCIATION & ARE RAN IN CATEGORIES ACCORDING 2 THEIR WE

GOOD DOGS & WHEN MATURE ITS NOT ALWAYS RABBITS THEY ARE UP 4, PERSONALLY I USE THEM AS A BASELINE 2 ADD A BIT OF SALUKI. HELPS A BIT WITH FEET & STAMINA BUT NOT THE COAT. CAN BE A LOT OF DOG I

GOOD DOGS & WHEN MATURE ITS NOT ALWAYS RABBITS THEY ARE UP 4, PERSONALLY I USE THEM AS A BASELINE 2 ADD A BIT OF SALUKI. HELPS A BIT WITH FEET & STAMINA BUT NOT THE COAT. CAN BE A LOT OF DOG I

Posted Images

David, i wish i had pics of him, but i havent. I had a whippet x greyhound back in the early 90's, he was 23'', a power house, took the lot, from mouse to fallow buck, no joke, hardly got injured, was prehaps a one off, but best dog i ever had.. :thumbs:

Frank.

i now what you meen frank i think we all jest get one or two dogs that are the real deal as some would say :drink: :drink:

david

my first lurcher was a whippet/grey... stood at 24tts and took anything i pointed her at!! she tore her skin alot though and was gettin stitched regularly but a brilliant bitch... would give my right arm for another like her!!

had the same with my ped whippets

david

Never owned one but from what ive seen they tend to be a bit mad in on stuff, and prone to injury, wont have the stamina of other crosses either, fast twitch sprint machines, sometimes the fastest dogs dont catch the most stuff, they tend to miss a fair bit, i prefer a dog with gears.

I had a first cross, 23 tts, he could really shift, great turning, sharp strike. :gunsmilie: But a severe lack of brains. :duh:

Just wouldn't stop. He was prone to cuts and tearing, and regularly threw a toe. Even on stunningly clear ground. :icon_eek:

Great dog otherwise.

He had to retire young, he was just spending more time in recovery :alcoholic:

Also, his catch rate was very good, B)

Never owned one but from what ive seen they tend to be a bit mad in on stuff, and prone to injury, wont have the stamina of other crosses either, fast twitch sprint machines, sometimes the fastest dogs dont catch the most stuff, they tend to miss a fair bit, i prefer a dog with gears.

cheers for the coments

david

Good topic this, I have a 7 month old bitch which im bringing on she is a 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet. I live next to a golf course which has a fair few bunnys and long ears on, they are like rockets. good fun to watch the dogs have a run on them. she is about 22 tts at 7 months so hoping she hits 25 tts. her coat is no diifferent to my collie grey X whippet. looking like she throwing more to the grey which is a bonus in coat and size for me. she is a flying machine and her drive is starting to kick in now.

out for a mooch with my brother this morning, will try and put some pics on later. atb

keep the replys and pics coming lads :thumbs:

Good topic this, I have a 7 month old bitch which im bringing on she is a 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet. I live next to a golf course which has a fair few bunnys and long ears on, they are like rockets. good fun to watch the dogs have a run on them. she is about 22 tts at 7 months so hoping she hits 25 tts. her coat is no diifferent to my collie grey X whippet. looking like she throwing more to the grey which is a bonus in coat and size for me. she is a flying machine and her drive is starting to kick in now.

out for a mooch with my brother this morning, will try and put some pics on later. atb

keep the replys and pics coming lads :thumbs:

would love to see them

david