Wrong at every level

WE were out yesterday on some shoot land: walked the fen and checked the earths: nothing. Came back to the road where we'd parked the vehicles and Silver shot into a 100 metres drain that runs alongside the road: just the other side of the verge. The Airedale was grabbed by the tail just in time to stop her following! This was a big concrete drain: a 10 year old child could have just squeezed in to it.

Immediately all hell broke loose: A. stuffed his coat over the hole and the gun man sprinted down the road to the other end just in time to shoot fox no. 1 as it exited on to the road, but obviously didn't have a clue where it was going.

The terrier had followed it out so I grabbed her and signaled to A a the other end to let another terrier go: same scenario and not one more but 3 foxes were bolted in quick succession: none of them seemed to have a clue where they were going and IMO it was clear that these 4 foxes had been dumped the previous night.

Reasons for my canny deduction were that there had been no scent around the fields at all: in fact a terrier had briefly sniffed the end of the drain which the foxes had come out of (the wind was blowing into the drain from that end), and you couldn't even see the entrance as it was so covered in weeds and grass. There were no runs or signs of activity at even the entrance to this drain and only a faintest of scent.

2 dogs and 2 vixens, one of which was old and toothless but almost obese: now that's not normal.

This sort of thing makes me really sick: its cruel to the dumped foxes who haven't a clue about their surroundings. It's bad for local foxes: disease being brought in possibly. It's bad for local wildlife: especially the pheasants!! And as this is just a rough shoot with no birds being put down the influx of 4 foxes could be devestating. Oh, and yes, there's an RSPCA centre not too far from here as well.

A couple of things I was pleased with though: the Airedale, who is scared stiff of fireworks, never batted an eyelid at the 12 bore going off just yards from her, not once, but several times, and on our way round the fields she worked the dykes loose, put up a couple of pheasants and noted the earths, though without great interest. Very steady she was, though a trifle bemused as to why the foxes came out of the drain, then fell over!!!

Not to worry she'll learn to associate the bang with a dead fox: she had a little chew, but once something's dead and I tell her to leave it she's not that bothered. I could wind her up to rag a carcase, but what's the point?

And something strange: Silver, who bolted the first and biggest dog fox, must have run past the other 3 foxes to come out of the drain after it: weird. I know its a big drain pipe but even so, she must literally have run straight past them: mind you, being dark in there it was probably hard for her to tell exactly what was what.

post-5156-125775764657_thumb.jpg

post-5156-125775764657_thumb.jpg

post-5156-125775770223.jpg

post-5156-125775767679_thumb.jpg

hard one to swallo 4 together had threein one hole not left by any antis etc ,and they were wild as the hills , i no or should i say ive heard of pester letting town foxes go in country side and do gooders as they just look atyou with lamp and well bang good nite youll no if you get any more shortly whose letting them go

i know of a case a few years back where the gamekeeper was shooting an unusually high amount on his patch, he suspected releasing because of this and the state and disorentation of old charlie. while lamping one night he saw a car lights on the property so went to have a look, turned out to be rspca, when asked what they were doing they said releasing town foxes brought up from london way when asked how many they had done that year the answer i cant remember but it was somewhere +/- of 200 turned out the only ones the keeper had'nt shot were the ones released that night. idiots!!!

i know of a case a few years back where the gamekeeper was shooting an unusually high amount on his patch, he suspected releasing because of this and the state and disorentation of old charlie. while lamping one night he saw a car lights on the property so went to have a look, turned out to be rspca, when asked what they were doing they said releasing town foxes brought up from london way when asked how many they had done that year the answer i cant remember but it was somewhere +/- of 200 turned out the only ones the keeper had'nt shot were the ones released that night. idiots!!!

Lmao :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

A farm we have got permission on told us that the rspca were releasing urban foxes there and i am inclined to believe him as when we were ferreting there on saturday we saw two foxes looking a bit lost in the middle of the day,

game on i say,

on a more serious note, imagine coming across small groups of eyes when out lamping, thats what a local kepper experienced after a closer look it turned out to be dogs that was getting dumped, alsation, springer, labs, russel, all sorts, they just kept coming up from no were, a few was caught, but many went skitty and started to cause trouble, so a few well placed shots were in order, , , ;)

I thought it was illegal to release a fox once caught, I wonder a body like a gamekeepers association or BASC would fund a court prosecution against such practice if enough evidence was gathered?

It should be publicised so that all hunters keep there eyes open and maybe make a citizens arrest.

Shepp

Guest digbert

wished they let em go up my end , ive not seen a fox for two years up be me, usta bolt 2 or even 3 some days near me , sadly not no more f****n bullit men with nothin beter to do than go round feild after feild in a top of the range 4x4 with the heater on and a speaker on top callin foxes in, makes me sick, thats not fox control, just extermination, cos they r not happy with one ,thats doing damage :no: , no theve got to shoot every last one. tossers

wished they let em go up my end , ive not seen a fox for two years up be me, usta bolt 2 or even 3 some days near me , sadly not no more f****n bullit men with nothin beter to do than go round feild after feild in a top of the range 4x4 with the heater on and a speaker on top callin foxes in, makes me sick, thats not fox control, just extermination, cos they r not happy with one ,thats doing damage :no: , no theve got to shoot every last one. tossers

spot on pal its the same over ere guns guns guns