quick

because he dont want to be standing around for hours for his dog to draw him he mite get bored and wants to race him against rolph harris lol

ha ha, nah serious iam not a fan, had a first cross bullx grey bitch, she was nippy yeah but i wouldnt say fast, depends what you class as fast, there quick little dash dog some of them but not over any kind of distance just short bursts really. should be fast enough to catch rabbits if not to heavy and when fit depends how it genes throw i surpose.

Edited by merle24

because he dont want to be standing around for hours for his dog to draw him he mite get bored and wants to race him against rolph harris lol

ha ha, nah serious iam not a fan, had a first cross bullx grey bitch, she was nippy yeah but i wouldnt say fast, depends what you class as fast, there quick little dash dog some of them but not over any kind of distance just short bursts really. should be fast enough to catch rabbits if not to heavy and when fit depends how it genes throw i surpose.

looked after a 1stx bull grey bitch for a mate for a good while bout ten years ago she couldnt catch a cold poor sod tried like mad all day but was barrel chested and to heavy lovely natured bitch nae bother with other dogs but wouldnt have 1st x not for rabbits.

i am happy 2 say my first dog has bin a first cross bull/grey an i have had everyfin with her sumtimes she can struggle a little bit [bANNED TEXT] rabbits on take off bit after 2 3 trides she is on their ass an she turns on a penny, she is realy racey 4 a first cross as i have seen heveier 1's bt i cudnt realy knock her 2 b honest cheers

ive got a first x bitch and shees not the bees knees on rabbits as there are better x's for rabbits ( but she can catch them allday and even the odd long ear just takes a bit longer i think because of the build shees turning with .but shees not let me down yet on everything we have came across whilst being out both big and small game atb .shaun.

Depends what you class as fast, obviously not on par with a pure running dog mix. I have seen first crosses run and they had variable speed. I had a first cross that was fast enough for everything but hares could only be taken on the lamp. This was years ago before current legislation made this illegal. They were bred for a specific task were blistering pace wasn't the main requirement...........