Three tired dogs

Out yesterday we check a couple of spots and then on the way back to the truck my young dog enters a sette next to the beans. He moves around a bit, growls then begins to bay. We hear some scrapulation and start to dig. I mark him at about 2 ft but check again after we start and now mark him at 6 ft, moving back towards where he entered. We shift the dig a bit.

Eventually we hear him coming out. I’m thinking he’s young I hope he’s not leaving his quarry. No worries, we find him drawing out a busted up possum. He did a very good job. It was quickly finished off.

Tykeandpossum.jpg

More walking and checking

Lizzy.jpg

Tyke-1.jpg

Slagchecking.jpg

We checked another 30 acres of alfalfa and head back to the truck to call it a day. Maybe not. A handy little bitch finds something in the dry creek bed and begins to bay and we can hear her dig. She was able to follow the pig and finally square up to draw him as he kept digging away. She doesn’t mess around when she finally gets on it.

Looks are deceiving, the bitch has got the pig,

Lizzydrawing.jpg

We remove her and it tries to bolt

cleanhog.jpg

hogbolt.jpg

with no where to go but the lurcher’s jaws

Slagtakedown.jpg

She did a great job, small dog on a nine pound hog. She had her work cut out for her.

For starting slow, we really had a great day, good company. It was nice to have a big dog come along, good for my young one to socialize with all sorts in the field. Nice to see him working well and great to see that little bitch succeed on her quarry. All the dogs did a real bang up job! Lots of walking today, everyone went home good and tired.

wooly

Cheers for the invite out Wooly!...it as a good fun day..

The little white bitch is a little sore today, but she will be fine...she looks like shes been chewing on a wasp!..lol.

The Lurcher done ok aswell, considering it was her first time on a dig...and her first whistle pig...glad it all went well.

As for your young 'un on that Grinner...talk about "Take No Prisoners"..lol.

Thanks again mate.

Kye,..