air pistol / air rifle

point blank an air pistol above 4ftibs can dispatch a rabbit. but i think hes talking about squirrels. just by a cheap air rifle as you dont need accuracy for dispatching. smk b2: £60

i suppose a pistol is more discreet from a business point of veiw but i would tend to agree with aaron on this one or just take your normal air rifle if you are trapping on your permission because then you can take a couple of potshots on the way.

You want an airpistol to dispatch rabbits?

:doh:

i was talking to a pest controler that used a air pistol for dispatching small animals in a live catch trap when at work ,i was asking if any one else used one and if so what would be best.

sorry if i did not make this clear, or you thought it was a stupid question ?

What I use on traps (doing a lot of rat cages lately) is my HW45 pistol , expensive but lasts for ever.

As for a Rifle for traps? 12 ft lbs (ish) is too much power at close range, I prefer to use my pistol.

Edited by camies

Just a thought but before you take a firearm onto a customers premises be sure to get their permission and remember that in certain circumstances a vehicle counts as a public place so you can't always take it into the back of the van and shoot it.

• 3 weeks later...

what would be the best make and type of air pistol or air rifle to dispatch small animals in traps. do you have a favourite?

i am only talking small stuff like rabbit's and rat's ect

[bANNED TEXT] there mate, i have a Benlamin EB22, instantly dus the job.