brian nuttall

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know people all around the country that have kennels full just of his line,keeping it pure-his son Craig up Darlington has a full pack of them,& loads of his mates in the area keep kennels full

Hi there mate-I've only  just logged onto this web site 2023 to try and find an article written after Brian's death-I'm the bloke your talking about that owned Crunch Dog-he was as hard a terrier as i

I was one of Brian's very closest friends and went digging with him from when I was 16 until about 46(53 now)-in fact Brian and Maureen refer to me as there 'second son'. I kept Miner at my house fo

i think the bloke deserves credit for in my eyes hes responsible for some of the best blacks,they all stemed from his old stuff. ive owned a few now and never had a spewer and ive got a 14 week old bicth sired by nuttalls copper out of tarmac and ill keep you all updated with progress but i dont think shell have any probs. as ive stated never owned a shit nuttall dog

:clapper::clapper: some amazing dogs how can anyone disrespect someone who has put so many good terriers out there
well said pal, how can folk slag him for what he has done for the little black dogs, ive met nuttall afew times and he has always made you feel welcome, the man deserves a big pat on the back, DEE MAC you have some tidy dogs there pal, atb with them
Right so youve heard the doubters ,the wankers that wouldnt know a good dog from a bad dog and those that genuinely know the man .Heres the truth from someone who has kept a line of his for 25 years and still uses genuine workers of his over bitches today .Brians early stuff was big with badger digging being the main reason for breeding all those years ago .They were strong ,bull headed animals but the bull was long diluted even 30 years ago .The increase in fox work dictated a smaller terrier and Brian is nothing if not a follower of fashion .The stuff he breeds today or rather the stuff he uses himself or puts out on loan is just as game as the old stuff but a good third smaller .The problem with some of what he has in kennels is that it is bred from unproven stock as he hasnt the time to run everything on .He is the first to say that he will breed from returns as the bloods there but most of us know that its not the case when breeding workers that the genes follow on .

At the end of the day ,the making or breaking of a terrier is half breeding and half in the hands of the owner and is the same for any breed .

Amen to that! ;):)

Guest robbie1

interesting post this 1!!!!! how can anyone say his dogs are no good??? dont talk shite the man has bred some top class dogs and we should be thankful he has given access to his and his familys line imo. ive only met him once at a show a few years back and he was a top man who i liked instantly even tho he didnt pick my dog lol!!!!memorycard2154.jpg its only the 2nd time i ever put him in and i only bothered cause if he picked your dog you know it means something not like some fool who has only been in the game 5 mins!!!! ive had a few of his bitches over the years and they have all worked well enough for me and i would defo have one of him again if i needed 1!!! here are the dogs.... memorycard2155.jpgmemorycard2156.jpgmemorycard2157.jpg and this a 3/4 nuttal 1/4 levi oakes bitch memorycard2158.jpg and a litter i bred few years back but lost contact with there owners now and mine got stolen out of locked van b*****ds!!!memorycard2159.jpg... yis robbie

some of my bitches are line bred back to Nutalls Miner.they work well and have thrown some good pups. Did anyone ever see Nuttals Miner working?if so was he a hard dog or sounder?

He was a clever dog ;)

Got two young dogs here at the moment, home bred for home use. The father was a nuttall terrier, a very good working one, he had Miner on both sides, my two young uns seem to be a bit timid in their nature, I know the mothers line are absolutely not as I have had that line now for about 20 years. Just wondering if there is some of that on the Miner lines, just out of interest that is, not that it affects their working abillity, my two certainly arent for sale, at any price.

B

• Like 1
just peddlers at the end of the day. just like hancock and some of the lot on here who sell pups. peddlers

are you avin a laff? how can you compare brian nuttall to hancock??? hancock was one of plummers bum chums! doubt he's EVER worked any of his dogs, puppy farmer that bloke. i've been out with brian and seen his dogs work.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: a true word spoken at last
some of my bitches are line bred back to Nutalls Miner.they work well and have thrown some good pups. Did anyone ever see Nuttals Miner working?if so was he a hard dog or sounder?

I had minor to work as a youngster for brian after he had shown him a couple of things,the dog was a mixer/bayer,if he could get hold he would,if not he was only a couple of inches from his quarry and if it didn't bolt it was alway's in a stop-end,the dog was an excellent finder and stayer and did alot of work while he was with me!

He was a good sire as well ;)

hi,

does any one have any knowledge on the brian nuttall terriers?

i was thinking of getting a couple but i just would like a second opinion,thanks.

out with a nuttall dog at weekend just gone dug the 1st 1 at 2ft and the 2nd at 4ft the dog was up close and personel spot on