how do you prepare your rabbits

Guest levi2009

do you get your rabbits from the night hang them up and then in the morning gut them and skin them or is this to long for the rabbit to be sat going off.

at what point do any of you do this with the nights catch?

anyone help

do you get your rabbits from the night hang them up and then in the morning gut them and skin them or is this to long for the rabbit to be sat going off.

anyone help

Gut the same night as caught, [if not to many] 1/2 dozen skin+prepare for fridge. If more than 6 , skin next day.[ Always] gut same night as caught. :yes:

i allways gut same night then prepare next evening :thumbs: think you only hang hares with the guts defo not rabbits though

Wouldn't like to eat your hare mate if you hang it with thae guts in all that crap inside them??? hang em "yes" Without the guts in :)

i allways gut same night then prepare next evening :thumbs: think you only hang hares with the guts defo not rabbits though

Wouldn't like to eat your hare mate if you hang it with thae guts in all that crap inside them??? hang em "yes" Without the guts in :)

never done it myself either mate just heard years ago that they are hung with em in would not know 100% but like you say not for me either cheers

always gut that night inthe fileds before yea leave your spot your hunting gives the charlies some food and fine it easy calling they up when we do this on are spots but all depends on how many we get but we dont keep going all night we try and take 3 home each so about 12 is plenty not in to this 30 40 rabbits what do ppl do with all off them???????????

anyone help

gut and skin that night after lamping all d time.and d same when i finish ferreting saves u from making a mess when u get home

You can hang rabbits with the guts in, i know people that do ,in a cool dry place for 2 days, it increases the flavour. Just like you can hang a pheasant , i know people that hang a pheasant for over a week ,i wouldn't eat it personally after a week , 2 days is enough. I skin and gut my rabbits the same night , much easier when warm, and some i leave with the fur on as it is a natural worming remedy.

gut em same night, that way there lighter to carry and aint gotta worry about getting rid o' guts. . . . . it's intersteing that one post said they found it easier to skin em same night . I find it easier to skin em a day or two later. ah well personal preference