is my dog under weight

got a phone call of my lad earlier saying that when he was coming in with the dog a person in the street said our dog is skinny and needs feeding to which he replied its a lurcher its supposed to be like that so i have posted some pictures for you to judge for yourselves what do you think

You get this all the time from the uneducated. A dog at its running weight would have half of them calling the RSPCA. Naaa your dogs fine weight for a pup.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a phone call of my lad earlier saying that when he was coming in with the dog a person in the street said our dog is skinny and needs feeding to which he replied its a lurcher its supposed to be like that so i have posted some pictures for you to judge for yourselves what do you think

From the pic it looks spot on for a pup mate, i bang the food down them when their pups , if it was a adult dog i would say from photo its slightly over weight but nothing a few nights out wouldnt cure ,but thats going from photos.

i've seen this pup in the flesh it's a right fatty.haha.

only kidding martyn theres nowt wrong with it mate.who cares what people say.

ps get some coffee in as i might come round for a brew this affer.

Edited by chris 78

hi mate pup looking tip top nick very nice pup to mate some people just dont know shit your boy should be proud to have him on the lead good luck with him mate :gunsmilie:

i asked the same abput my dog but people said she looked fine just her build but if mines is fine then yours is definetly fine

I think [alot] lurchers when[ fit+working] show some [ribs],alot of saluki xs show ribs+pins. My dog does he is a 1x collixgrey 24in 60lb, he is spot on weight for is height, but still see 2-3 ribs. Dont forget they :wallbash: running dogs not labs.

gfDSCF6213-1.jpg

Bryn 24in 60lb

Blaze dog i had colliexgrey 26in 70lb still see 2-3 ribs he was fit dog run all night.

blaze.jpg

Guest hyperion

my ex mrs had a saluki x whippet/grey, just a pet dog, we both worked in pub kitchens at the time so the dog lived of left over pub grub mostly and it ate like a bloody horse but always looked like a bag of bones!

alot of people seem to think if a dogs not over weight its not well fed these days!

cheers

hyperion