Good afternoon

Me and Ratch were out yesterday afternoon . This fox was out mooching at 3.30pm in the middle of a grass field. I turned the car round and got rifle ready , the fox was walking away from me so i jumped over the gate and lay in postion only for the fox to disappear into some bracken . A little squeak and out she popped and the .22/250 knocked her over clean . Good start to the afternoon as we hadnt even got to our chosen destination.

10oct09002.jpg

We then pulled up to the next spot and Ratch grabbed his .243

I then spotted a young buck out feeding . Ratch took him at around 180 metres :clapper: A perfect heart shot ( which I personally dont like as the beast always runs ) this buck ran a bit before collapsing.On gralloching him his heart was in 3 pieces :o I prefer a high lung shot which knocks them down on the spot.

We continued and I glassed a nice 6 pointer right on dusk which I managed to grass also :D

All in all a good afternoon :D

Ready for home .........................

10oct09008.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER

Does your missus whinge about the car boot being minging or is it just me ?

Put a few bunnies in the back last night and got a bit of claret on the deck. Picked missus up from work today and she nagged me to within an inch of my life :(

Thats a good view in that first pic mate with lake in background ;)

Me and Ratch were out yesterday afternoon . This fox was out mooching at 3.30pm in the middle of a grass field. I turned the car round and got rifle ready , the fox was walking away from me so i jumped over the gate and lay in postion only for the fox to disappear into some bracken . A little squeak and out she popped and the .22/250 knocked her over clean . Good start to the afternoon as we hadnt even got to our chosen destination.

10oct09002.jpg

We then pulled up to the next spot and Ratch grabbed his .243

I then spotted a young buck out feeding . Ratch took him at around 180 metres :clapper: A perfect heart shot ( which I personally dont like as the beast always runs ) this buck ran a bit before collapsing.On gralloching him his heart was in 3 pieces :o I prefer a high lung shot which knocks them down on the spot.

We continued and I glassed a nice 6 pointer right on dusk which I managed to grass also :D

All in all a good afternoon :D

Ready for home .........................

10oct09008.jpg

top stuff. the land looks lovely to