fifth dig this season

dont know much about the lines, mostly showstuff i guess.

know that there is some american blood in him, think its eastlake?

loke17juni09.jpg

as you can see he is quite the star!

NO SHOW STUFF IN MINE BUT SIMILAR......

cracking russell good looker and good worker nice to see a looker that works well...rare :clapper:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clapper::clapper: thanks for the clips Mart. nice to see your getting a bit of sport. and your terrier is getting plenty of experience. as for him nor being a world beater . its horses for courses. and he looks like an energetic little baying terrier. the type that i like. :clapper: i have woeked a few from these lines and they have varied from yappy little bayers that can call out to much harder stay till dug to types. that take a bit of stick. (i prefare the former)

post-2078-1255462462.jpg

trusty

i may have some pics of some howlbeck bred sruff i'll try and dig em out. plus some old pics of pups o9ut of the old dog

keep the updates coming :clapper::clapper:

Mart told me about this forum, and that you guys like our dog Loke. He is a great worker and we are very proud of him. As his breeder I can give you more info about his pedigree. Loke is a mix of english and american bloodlines. His dam is a bitch bred by me. His grandmother on his dams side is from Ratpack Megan (english import) and by Revefotens Whopper Out O'The Blue (Howlbeck Blue Prince and a Revefoten bitch). Lokes grandfather on his dams side is Eastlake Beacon of Fox Valley a son of Pengelli Bullet, who is also an english import. Lokes father is also from Ratpack/Howlbeck lines.

Eastlake Beacon

Beaconoffv.jpg

Pengelli Bullet

BULLIT.jpg

Ratpack Megan

belle.jpg

Howlbeck Blue Prince

Blue%20Prince%20og%20Mark.JPG

Revefoten's Whopper Out O'The Blue

WW-Schubert-1_small.JPG

Loke is a nice terrier both in size and as a hunting dog, so we really got what we wanted from this cross. :D

could you tell me the average size of a dog and the average size of bitch . you are getting from these lines.

and how the coats are turning out. ( do you get many smooths.) also how do you find the temprement of these terriers.

thanks in advance

the dog in the pic also goes back to groundhill midge. i also owned a bitch that was a grandaughter of midge. a good little fo little fox dog :clapper: hope you keep updateing us on your season :)
i had a howlebeck dog here some back in about 97 is registered name was howlbeck the wisard he was out of howlbeck piper was is sire and is dam was howlbeck katie . he was a good dog on fox and could drag a fox from its earth but he paid the price in full but he was a handy dog . i still have a grand son and great grand daughter here out of him which have been to good servants . nice to see a real good thread well done :victory:

cleanspade:i have´nt seen a lot of these dogs after they´ve grown but i do know that loke is considered to be a small one.

he´s 13" tts, 15" chestspan and 14-16 pounds.

average size dog would be 14"tts i guess.

coats are mostly broken or rough.

i find the temper really good, they need a firm hand but thats it.

would love to see some of your pics, your dogs look really good.

johnnyboy:i would´nt say that he mixes it, but he does get a mouthfull of fur if he needs to.

6pointer:yeah, thats a maarhund.

are you out on the westcoast?

Powerful photo Mart, are u standin in the hole u just dug, looks a big one? whats the av temp in your country now

must be ok for diggin youve been busy. Whats ways your dog bred, a lot of lads would say a russel needs a bit of bull blood for badger work :angel:

but yours looks pure russell ? a.t.b. Burrowman.

russells got no prob, my bitch very similar russell and loves doing the same.shame were not in norway

Edited by crackpot
Powerful photo Mart, are u standin in the hole u just dug, looks a big one? whats the av temp in your country now

must be ok for diggin youve been busy. Whats ways your dog bred, a lot of lads would say a russel needs a bit of bull blood for badger work :angel:

but yours looks pure russell ? a.t.b. Burrowman.

nah a well bred russle needs no bull in it in my opinion.