Mouse Funnel Trap

A few of you may remember a simple funnel mouse trap that FISH made and posted on this forum.

lehaybely242.jpg

Well I thought I'd have a go at working out a Step by Step plan for it to maybe go in the next book.

FISH kindly gave me the basic dimensions that he'd found to work and I knocked this up my own version of it shown here.

post-2748-1252226852_thumb.jpg

I've had it out on test for a few nights with my Killgerm infrared motion camera and last night I had a result - click on the images below to view the videos.

Having a good look round

th_AveryinterestedMouse.jpg

In he goes

th_inhegoes.jpg

Safely caught

th_Trapped.jpg

And there til morning

th_Daylight.jpg

post-2748-1252227853_thumb.jpg

looks good john, how do you open it up

This one was a prototype Steve, so the mesh at one end was only tacked on loosely. The final design will have the choice of a sliding or hinged door at the end.

my uncle has one bought from turkey 25 yrs ago, a great little trap

I don't suppose you could get photos of that could you ? Sounds interesting

that looks a brilliantly simple idea, well done fish and john

i take it the sizes are secret until the book comes out?

how do you kill them once they are trapped?

do you think a larger trap of similar design would work for rats or are they too intelligent to fall for that

atb rob

Edited by ellir0305

No not all - the details are all here

This isn't a new idea, traps like this have been used for hundreds of years in one form or another. There are even commercials ones like it on ebay from Australia.

i will ask him, its a round wire trap with the funnel at the top.

Yes please do. From how you describe it I imagine it could probably be a bit like this then ?

This trap was sold to me as an Irish made Sparrow Trap (but I'll wait to be set straight by OTC though ;):D )

post-2748-1252260269_thumb.jpg

No not all - the details are all here

This isn't a new idea, traps like this have been used for hundreds of years in one form or another. There are even commercials ones like it on ebay from Australia.

John,just wondering would the trap also work for rats, if you altered the dimensions? :)
John,just wondering would the trap also work for rats, if you altered the dimensions? :)

ellir0305 asked that earlier as well and I have to be honest I don't know. I have never seen a larger one designed for rats and you'd have thought someone would have tried it by now. That makes me think that maybe they're too damn clever but you never know.

ellir0305 asked that earlier as well and I have to be honest I don't know. I have never seen a larger one designed for rats and you'd have thought someone would have tried it by now. That makes me think that maybe they're too damn clever but you never know.

:doh: my mistake didn,t read ellir0305 post ,you could be right there concerning the rats clever buggers they are indeed :yes: