BARF Diet who's dogs are on it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BARF for me dogs are on fire with it 10 out ta 10 for me

I give mine some cod liver oil once a week along with fish oils. i give them a scoop once ina while of the dried stuff to mix in with the meat

i was told that you shouldnt feed raw and dried food, as it digests at totally different rates?

1lb of Minced tripe & mug full of biscuts with a half spoonful of sa37 minerals everyday dogs looking great also some other meats and bones ,i did change recently after trying all types of dryed food and not doing to good :)

i normally soaked the biscuits in boiling water and leave them to puff up then add cooked mince and give them sardines in tomato sauce for omega 3 once a week /i thiknk thats the name of the fish \ and a raw egg yolk about 3 mornings a week with cornflakes and warm milk ,

sardines for -omega 3

egg yolk -protein

milk-calcium

works 4 me :)

I give mine a mixture of barf, dried (beta puppy), raw chicken wings a couple cans of Sardines each week and maybe once or twice a week a raw egg with the dried. Went for her second jab at the vets last week he said she was looking really well so this is what works for me. Hope this helps.

My lurcher usually gets raw mince beef, cooked pasta and veg is a good mixer to bulk it out (veg makes em fart tho), tried her on some sardines this morning but she wasn't too impressed.

My whippets get raw chicken wings which they love.

My big whippet loves bones from the butchers with raw meat on them but the last one got BARFed all over the rug :(

Tip you can freeze raw meats/bones to kill germs/bacteria defrost then feed.

i feed my two lurchers on ox hearts, lamb hearts and lights i get these free from a local slaughter house , rabbits, pheasants,alsorts of fish i also get free as ive a mate who is a fish monger ,venison :whistling: ,green tripe, i also get free meat scraps and bones from my local butchers and add kick on multi vit every day cant get them to eat any veg raw or cooked and they wont touch dried food at all .

Bloody hell! some of these dogs eat better than I do!!!

Both of mine are on quailty complete with SA37 skinkled on but also get meat, fat and lamb bones from Morrisons as a friend works on the butcher counter and saves it for me (just wish I could get enough to feed all the time :( )

They also get a cheap tin a tuna in oil and a cod liver oil tablet once a week.

Bloody hell! some of these dogs eat better than I do!!!

Both of mine are on quailty complete with SA37 skinkled on but also get meat, fat and lamb bones from Morrisons as a friend works on the butcher counter and saves it for me (just wish I could get enough to feed all the time :( )

They also get a cheap tin a tuna in oil and a cod liver oil tablet once a week.

be careful wi the cod liver oil mate especially if your feeding em dry food as this is already overloaded with vits, excess intake of vitamin A can lead to a build up of toxins in the body causing conditions like joint pain lameness and spinal problems,a teaspoon of cod liver oil provides enough vit A for a week for an average size dog,cod liver oil is not necessary for a healthy normal dog that receives a balanced diet :victory: