a quick shine on some permission

well thought i would go and have a shine over a bit of permission and i had a exciting night. it started of with young "kye" taking his first retrieved hare on lamp which i was very pleased about and it was also a decent size. we carried on our travel further and spotted a squatting rabbit sitting tight in front of some cows. "kye" was slipped and was unlucky not to take it out of its seat and the the chase was on, the rabbit was jinking side to side back and fourth and kye was struggling to pick up until he put together a nice accurate strike and lifted the rabbit up. so thats a rabbit and an hare in the bag now. i decided to head back as there wasnt much out. further on i had a 1 or 2 slips on rabbits sat near the hedge line which just darted for cover before he got there. the night ended with young "kye" retrieving his first fox single handed which i was over the moon about. "kye" is doing very well for 12 month old as he has accounted for a good ammount of game already. heres a pic of "kye" with his well deserved catches.

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the techno viking
well thought i would go and have a shine over a bit of permission and i had a exciting night. it started of with young "kye" taking his first retrieved hare on lamp which i was very pleased about and it was also a decent size. we carried on our travel further and spotted a squatting rabbit sitting tight in front of some cows. "kye" was slipped and was unlucky not to take it out of its seat and the the chase was on, the rabbit was jinking side to side back and fourth and kye was struggling to pick up until he put together a nice accurate strike and lifted the rabbit up. so thats a rabbit and an hare in the bag now. i decided to head back as there wasnt much out. further on i had a 1 or 2 slips on rabbits sat near the hedge line which just darted for cover before he got there. the night ended with young "kye" retrieving his first fox single handed which i was over the moon about. "kye" is doing very well for 12 month old as he has accounted for a good ammount of game already. heres a pic of "kye" with his well deserved catches.

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

knock knock! whos there??? the rspca!!! are you determined to get yourself in trouble :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by the techno viking

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

knock knock! whos there??? the rspca!!! are you determined to get yourelf in trouble :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

some people on thl are muppets honestly. the fox and hare was shot and retrieved. ALL LEGAL. ALL ON PERMISSION.

Guest the techno viking

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

knock knock! whos there??? the rspca!!! are you determined to get yourelf in trouble :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

some people on thl are muppets honestly. the fox and hare was shot and retrieved. ALL LEGAL. ALL ON PERMISSION.

well get a spaniel then!!!!!

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

i dont see spaniels catching rabbits on the lamp do you??

Guest the techno viking

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

i dont see spaniels catching rabbits on the lamp do you??

never said that did i????? BUT my old springer would pick squatters up as easy as any lurcher but obviously shit on the run!!!!!!

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

so he has accounted for a good amount of shot quarry then...........its not much of an achievement or well deserved catch really is it picking shot quarry up

Guest miller1989

Hows the dog bred pal,if thats his first red one id take it easy at that age seen this mistake done many of times! I was with a mate digging and had the 9 month old lurcher with us,was just for a trot out realy ended up wrong place wrong time and got stuck at the sharp end,fininshed the job easy at 9 months,all accidental!Continued for another 7 months smashing them taking 9 in one week then she just stopped like that wrecked! Warning be careful wouldnt wana see a post on who to get him her back into game! Well done the dog though 12months aint a bad time to start most crosses dont over do it,take it easy!

Hows the dog bred pal,if thats his first red one id take it easy at that age seen this mistake done many of times! I was with a mate digging and had the 9 month old lurcher with us,was just for a trot out realy ended up wrong place wrong time and got stuck at the sharp end,fininshed the job easy at 9 months,all accidental!Continued for another 7 months smashing them taking 9 in one week then she just stopped like that wrecked! Warning be careful wouldnt wana see a post on who to get him her back into game! Well done the dog though 12months aint a bad time to start most crosses dont over do it,take it easy!

Hi miller,

do you mean the dog just stopped? cos it was wrecked....as in physically messed up by charlie? or you mean a broken heart? or just didn't want to do it any more?

im new to this game and i have heard of people telling me that some dogs get worked to young and end up with "a broken heart" and just don't want to work any more.

ps: i have spoken to nottz a fair bit recently he has taken some serious criticism lately, but i will say that he does genuinely care for his dog, he doesn't hammer him every night, and that im sure he will keep the dog keen and not over work him. I don't know him personally but im sure that he has the dogs best interest at heart and that he will be able to see the dog is young, and IF he keeps him steady then he will have kye working for him for years to come.

Nottz: try to take what people are saying in context here, no one on here wants to see anyone get screwed. be carefull, keep your dog keen and safe, maybe ease up on the pics, whether they have been shot or not. :victory:

to evey one else including myself: lets try and give people the benefit of the doubt on here guys and girls, giving people grief unfortunately isn't going to change a god dam thing, so lets be constructive.

langouroux givin love a chance! :good::drinks::wub::D;)

Guest dances

IMG_0925.jpg

atb N.H

knock knock! whos there??? the rspca!!! are you determined to get yourself in trouble :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

this is perfectly legal compared to another post on another forum.