£3150 ain't bad for a unplanned litter is it?.

Next time you want to do something like spending a grand and a half risking bringing a dog into the country let me know. And if your a real fireman, how much money do you make hobling in your spare time ..... sorry its not my biusiness !!!! really is it

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, maybe we can talk now about these pups.

Ruger8

Have you sold any?

I am confused when someone says "no papers" why is that ---- was the dog of the same bloodline??

I know nothing of the breed but I think they may meet my hunding needs so:

- compared to a Jack Russel would they be as good underground. I am not look for King Kong just a wee working dog.

- Blood trailing on a fox should be what it is good at----right?

- Would they be able to track on a fox scent a lead me to the den???

Will they leave my new bantam alone, I saw them with the ferret?

If, and only if at this stage I was interested (I live in N. Ireland) how would I get a pup (bitch) over. No experience on dealing for livestock outside NI.

Hope you can answer my questions.

BD222

the teckel will trail anything from fox to deer and wild boar,the responsible handler will decide at the beginning if his dog is capable( the only factor that makes a trail unfeasable for a teckel is highly mobile quarry, leg shot etc)

if a chase is expected you should take a lurcher too :)

they will follow live/cold trail on the long leash( if blood trail trained) with an astounding ignorance of crossing trails( if you know your dog you will see).

the smaller teckel will work to earth and are mobile enough to counter their lack of body weight.

cracking dogs.

the reason i asked about papers is because the teckel club demands that eye test etc are done before mating.and would not like the fact( whether accident or not) that a bitch in her first season....................

not having a dig, just wondering whether its the same in england as in germany. ( dtk)

i wish you and any future teckel owners all the best and lots of fun with the dogs( almost a certainty :) )

great pics, good looking dogs.

the teckel will trail anything from fox to deer and wild boar,the responsible handler will decide at the beginning if his dog is capable( the only factor that makes a trail unfeasable for a teckel is highly mobile quarry, leg shot etc)

if a chase is expected you should take a lurcher too :)

they will follow live/cold trail on the long leash( if blood trail trained) with an astounding ignorance of crossing trails( if you know your dog you will see).

the smaller teckel will work to earth and are mobile enough to counter their lack of body weight.

cracking dogs.

the reason i asked about papers is because the teckel club demands that eye test etc are done before mating.and would not like the fact( whether accident or not) that a bitch in her first season....................

not having a dig, just wondering whether its the same in england as in germany. ( dtk)

i wish you and any future teckel owners all the best and lots of fun with the dogs( almost a certainty :) )

great pics, good looking dogs.

what does a small one weigh?

there are different height/weight limits for the three types kanninchen( rabbit teckel)/ zwerg( dwarf)/standard i know the standard goes to 9 kilo or something( traditionaly the fox/badger dogs) at a guess i would say that the dwarf would be from 4 to 6 kilo and the rabbit is anything below. check the teckel society

( some of the rabbit are tiny and you can use them like a big hob ferret that barks! well you know how i mean)

there are different height/weight limits for the three types kanninchen( rabbit teckel)/ zwerg( dwarf)/standard i know the standard goes to 9 kilo or something( traditionaly the fox/badger dogs) at a guess i would say that the dwarf would be from 4 to 6 kilo and the rabbit is anything below. check the teckel society

( some of the rabbit are tiny and you can use them like a big hob ferret that barks! well you know how i mean)

:signthankspin: Very interesting .

£3150 ain't bad for a unplanned litter is it?.

Next time you want to do something like spending a grand and a half risking bringing a dog into the country let me know. And if your a real fireman, how much money do you make hobling in your spare time ..... sorry its not my biusiness !!!! really is it

Your risk mate,why try to pass the cost on to anyone looking for a pup?.No i ain't a real fireman and as for spare time 4 kids,7 dogs,1/2 dozen chickens,a few ferrets and a sexy misses makes sure i ain't got none ;) .

If, and only if at this stage I was interested (I live in N. Ireland) how would I get a pup (bitch) over. No experience on dealing for livestock outside NI.

Hope you can answer my questions.

BD222

you can just drive them over on a ferry mate. i used to move mine via the belfast - stranraer ferry. if you dont want to drive yourself some courier companies will take dog boxes (try DHL or TNT). or find someone who is going to make the trip and bung them a few quid.

UG

Whats the usual price for a teckel thats working. I spoke with a fella last year that had one for trailing shot deer he told me they were around £900 a pup.

would it be fair to say that the Teckle is a breed that lies somewhere between Terrier and Hound but is not as adept as either in the specific roles.Put another way a jack of all trades and master of none lke the the HPR breeds from continental europe.