hancock dogs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeff.s

I OWN A HANCOCK BITCH WITCH TAKES ALL GAME BEFORE THE BAN SHES 3/4 GREYHOUND 1/4 BEARDIE. HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL WITH IT AND MY WIFE OWNED ONE FOR 14 YEARS SAME BREEDING AND THAT TOOK EVERY THING, BUT I STILL THINK HE BREEDS FAR TOO MANY DOGS, YOU CAN RING UP ANY TIME AND HE HAS A LITTER, HERES MINE. jeff

Picture173.jpg

hello ive get a 1/2 cross beardie greyhound pup he doing fine iam happy with it will be lamping it october or november if ithink that hes mature enough he physical enough now .if you get a half cross just take your time with it , my pup is a hancocks , and its ok , all the best foxman :D just a pic of the pup

I all i,m new to the forum just wondering if you can help. I,m thinking of getting a 1/2 breed beardie/border X greyhound what do you think.I,ll be using it for large game. thanks

alot of people call david hancock but to be still going after twenty odd years he must be doing something right, also his location in the central part of the u.k. helps alot and also because he regulary advertises and as litters on is a big selling point.if you will be doing more lamping i would go for the half cross, admitidley they are slower than the threequarter bred, but they have bags more stamina and a little more brain, best of luck with your choice. regards collie john.

ok

my mates got a 1/2 collie 1/2grey it is a good dog but a bit on the slow side :good:

here is my hancock dog miggs

IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0220-1.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

That looks a cracking dog how old is it

ok mate he is 23 months old he improves with every lamping session and is a good ferreting dog i had him out last night for a few runs but he somtimes suffers from selective hearing

my mates got a 1/2 collie 1/2grey it is a good dog but a bit on the slow side :good:

here is my hancock dog miggs

IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0220-1.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

ok mate no i wont be going to that

I have seen a few good Hancocks over the years and they were 5/8 Greyhound 3/8 collie.One was a merle and the other two dogs were black and white types.All these dogs took all quarry before the ban of course,Im not nocking Hancock dogs but If I was looking for a collie x I would ask around and try and buy a pup from someone who keeps this type and works them regularly through the seasons,rather than somebody who is breeding them just for the money as Hancock does.

Guest savageboy
I have seen a few good Hancocks over the years and they were 5/8 Greyhound 3/8 collie.One was a merle and the other two dogs were black and white types.All these dogs took all quarry before the ban of course,Im not nocking Hancock dogs but If I was looking for a collie x I would ask around and try and buy a pup from someone who keeps this type and works them regularly through the seasons,rather than somebody who is breeding them just for the money as Hancock does.

but they work , lol, yer get yer greyhound which chases anyway give some brain,s like off a collie and yer have a lurcher , show it loads of rabbits and hety presto yer have good working lurcher , its not hard is it . dunna mater if he breeds them or you breed em , to get a good lurcher yer must have yer quarry for it to run , . cheers savageboy :yahoo:

01082006353.jpg

:clapper:

but they work , lol, yer get yer greyhound which chases anyway give some brain,s like off a collie and yer have a lurcher , show it loads of rabbits and hety presto yer have good working lurcher , its not hard is it . dunna mater if he breeds them or you breed em , to get a good lurcher yer must have yer quarry for it to run , . cheers savageboy :yahoo:

01082006353.jpg

:clapper:

Like I said mate I would rather give my money to a man who works his dogs and gets them out in the field working them rather than buy a pup whose parents have only seen the inside of a big shed.

Guest markbrick1
I have seen 1 Hancock bred, Border / beardie greyhound cross work regularily and that dog was deadly. :good:

Fox, rabbit, hare, ect, magic at all.

The owner trained it up very well though and the dog was demanding.

Frank.

well frank says it all its as much to do with the owner as the dog we ve just got in after 1 fox and approx 22 rabbits one of the dogs was a hancock and he is a good em to anybodys standards