The Dogs In This Years Comp !!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do all the heats kick off?

Anytime from september mate, me and rabbit mad mic had a chat on the phone and will be looking at the 2nd week in september depending on land and judge etc being available!!!!

Thats spot on mate that offer for the winner................ :yes: ..............whoever it is is going to have a busy time with the few things on offer from members off here!!!!!

I just hope i get out the first round, mics dog looks a handy tool, but as we all know dogs are dogs and they dont always wanna play ball, Bruce does me proud when he's on form, but on other nights he just dont seem to turn it on!!!!!!

Thats right LDR, dogs can be funny fcukers one night and world beaters the next. it all boils down to how they run on the night.

1 things for sure though, it should be a good heat

the only prob ive got is im running last years champ in the first round :icon_eek:

really looking forward to it though and all the best :good:

That works in a few ways though mate................it could be argued that you're going in the underdog, which means the pressure is on me to perform!!!!!!! But if you beat me in the first then you automatically inherit all the pressure of putting out 'The Champ'...........lol..............it's all good fun though, i might have sorted getting our heat filmed too mate, will know nearer the time, have hopefully got some land sorted for us that neither of us would've been on before, might be quite testing for the dogs though!!!!!!

sounds spot on mate,

top man for sorting out the land..........and for it getting filmed, even better

well up for it :boogie:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Seriously though, i'd expect 20-25 on a good night, 10-15 on a not so good night!!!!

na mate pulling your leg, its pretty rare i get 30 slips.

never really thought about her catch rate, her normal bags are 8s or 10s but sometimes we have good nights

heres a pic

post-27496-1250025855.jpg

Totally know what you mean.............where we go we rarely get alot of slips, so we just make do with what we can run............but if i was guessing i'd imagine Bruce should be good for a third on a regular basis............over a season that is....................some nights he gets 1 out of 1.......................... :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Here,s a couple of pictures of the dog i,m running,he,s two and a half, a 3 quarter greyhound 1 quarter collie cross, stands at around 25tts,had his dew claws off about 7 weeks ago, but should be fit enough by the time the wind starts blowing..............can,t believe only 22 dogs running,the amount of good lurchers you read about on here :hmm:

Really nice stamp of dog torchey, my type!

hi all this is my dog too enter the comp he is bull/grey saluki/grey 26inch 18 mths . his first proper go at the season been doing ok but still a novice by far looking forward too the comp and this coming season .all the best to everybody thats enterd farmer1 :bye:

hi all this is my dog too enter the comp he is bull/grey saluki/grey 26inch 18 mths . his first proper go at the season been doing ok but still a novice by far looking forward too the comp and this coming season .all the best to everybody thats enterd farmer1 :bye:

Lovely looking dog mate, and a pleasure to meet you all at the show ! ;)

Cheers.

Lovely looking dog mate, and a pleasure to meet you all at the show ! ;)

Cheers.

thanks mate and a pleasure to meet you and you never no we might meet again :whistling:

what was the best bag then in last years comp, jus wondering.

The biggest bags were hitting 20/19, 20/18, 19/15 (i think) in the 3 hour limit mate................. ;)

just wondering if there were many sqauters being taken out there seats in them numbers........cheers..........
Guest ivorbigun
what was the best bag then in last years comp, jus wondering.

The biggest bags were hitting 20/19, 20/18, 19/15 (i think) in the 3 hour limit mate................. ;)

just wondering if there were many sqauters being taken out there seats in them numbers........cheers..........

did tomo not get the biggest bag?????????