Red Stag

Up and away at 05.30 yesterday morning heading for a meet with a guy I am deer mentoring.....in the hope of collecting the Red Stag that I am reliably informed :hmm: has been causing problems at a stables in Chertsey.

Strange as it may seem no sign of said Red, but around 07.00 Charlie put in an appearance, ranged at 169 yards, with the most pathetic Brush I have ever seen!!! Shooting down from quite high, straight in the front and out the chest!

....and then a bit of a wait until 10.00 when the little buck turned up...just finished the gralloch and his dad arrived on the scene!! ...around 90 yards and 100 yards...90g SP .243, both dropped on the spot..if you look close you can see why, both hearts mullered when we took them apart!! The dad was in a valley and shooting down quite steeply, on the diagonal, hole may seem a little high but it came out much lower the other side!

Still not a fan of these early mornings...... :no:

post-10759-1249203168_thumb.jpg

post-10759-1249203414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deker

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up and away at 05.30 yesterday morning heading for a meet with a guy I am deer mentoring.....in the hope of collecting the Red Stag that I am reliably informed :hmm: has been causing problems at a stables in Chertsey.

Strange as it may seem no sign of said Red, but around 07.00 Charlie put in an appearance, ranged at 169 yards, with the most pathetic Brush I have ever seen!!! Shooting down from quite high, straight in the front and out the chest!

....and then a bit of a wait until 10.00 when the little buck turned up...just finished the gralloch and his dad arrived on the scene!! ...around 90 yards and 100 yards...90g SP .243, both dropped on the spot..if you look close you can see why, both hearts mullered when we took them apart!! The dad was in a valley and shooting down quite steeply, on the diagonal, hole may seem a little high but it came out much lower the other side!

Still not a fan of these early mornings...... :no:

That looks quite small......

Guest remmy

that poor little bugger should have been left deker its still got its spots on, no way is that buck one of last years mate. :(

Edited by remmy

This is NOT sport...

Pest Control my friends, these are eating for Britain, and there is a pleasing quantity of what will be very tasty meat!!

Another brother and a sister will be going in due course!

don't care mate you have been doing this as long as I have and to put that up on here doesn't do our sport any favours , does it deker.

Frankly Remmy I'm a little surprised you say that, I don't see a problem, this is business, but I'm not looking to cause any debate, if this becomes an issue I'd rather delete it than cause upset!

I don't leave fox cubs, young rabbits or baby squirrels, doesn't seem to cause anyone grief so not quite sure why this should!

Anyway, like I say, if the consensus have an issue I'll delete it!

hey theres no problem here

if the deer are causing damage and its legal to shoot them do it

problem on this site is your damed if you do and daned if you dont thats why i dont put pictures up theres always some expert!!

to quick to criticise just keep knocking them down good luck

I will confess to spending too much time trawling through the various shooting forums.

And that is the first time anybody has posted a picture of a kid shot during the summer. What next, are you going out for the Doe, she will be eating far more than any kid.

I will confess to spending too much time trawling through the various shooting forums.

And that is the first time anybody has posted a picture of a kid shot during the summer. What next, are you going out for the Doe, she will be eating far more than any kid.

well said m.m. this is appalling behaviour and should'nt be broadcast. :angry:

Im sorry but i find this unbelivable pest control or not that is a kid at 3-4months old & is it even legal & this should be removed. That is venison VEAL as it will still have been suckling & i find it sick never did that or know of it in my time even when i did FC-Scotland work controling deer. I know we shot young rabbits/crows/fox cubs/etc but im sorry i find this totally out of order to have done that & you should hold your head low for even posting this its a sad day that this is what it comes too. 3-4months old still on the udder & bet it was no more than 15lb clean im disgusted & would refuse do have done such work i would have turnned a blind eye to it till november with its mother.

Looking at the other buck it looks only to be a couple years old too so could never be the father of the buck. The roe kids are left on the own with the rut hence the kid on its own as its mother was away with boy friend.

Edited by v-max
Guest Fireball

im disgusted & would refuse do have done such work i would have turnned a blind eye to it till november with its mother.

There`s some amongst us that cannot muster that inner strength Vmax and lack basic self control as well as common sense..

Im sorry but i find this unbelivable pest control or not that is a kid at 3-4months old & is it even legal & this should be removed. That is venison VEAL as it will still have been suckling & i find it sick never did that or know of it in my time even when i did FC-Scotland work controling deer. I know we shot young rabbits/crows/fox cubs/etc but im sorry i find this totally out of order to have done that & you should hold your head low for even posting this its a sad day that this is what it comes too. 3-4months old still on the udder & bet it was no more than 15lb clean im disgusted & would refuse do have done such work i would have turnned a blind eye to it till november with its mother.

Looking at the other buck it looks only to be a couple years old too so could never be the father of the buck. The roe kids are left on the own with the rut hence the kid on its own as its mother was away with boy friend.

It.s the Time for the OLD and infrim not Young ffs!!!

I don't like slagging people off for shooting anything that is in itself legal,but,personally I would never consider shooting something that is still on the tit :( ,let alone put a pic up :no: ................Martin.