Bed Bugs.........Yuk

I was called in by one of my regular customers (a local letting agents) to treat a brand new apartment for fleas. I duly arrived and the occupants...... a very pleasant young couple........were complaining they had been bitten. The guy showed me the welts and weals on his arms and legs........and it was apparent these were NOT flea bites. I asked to see the mattress in the bedroom and it was obviously completely infested with Bed-Bugs........yuk......horrible nasty critters. Quick phone call to the letting agent.........to get the bed and mattress removed and dumped..........after it had been completely sprayed of course.........A return visit the next day was required to treat the entire apartment as they can be hard to eradicate if you are not meticulous and thorough in the treatment. Just thought i would show some pictures of sort of bites you get from a bed-bug attack.......these were pictured a couple of days after so were not quite as fierce is when i first saw them ;) Not the nicest side of pest control.

post-12022-1248556603_thumb.jpg

post-12022-1248556660.jpg

Many years ago I went to stay with a friend and ended up looking like your photos.

I did not know what the bites were so went to the Doctors. He took one look and said AHHH :o bed bugs take this and apply it 3 times a day.

Not at all funny then, itched like hell I cannot belive that they are still about.

TC

I think they fall in down the chimney from birds nests. :hmm:

These were brought in on an infested mattress from another property.......cheaper than buying a new one they thought. But they haven't had my invoice yet....... ;)

i stayed at a mates on a spare matress 2 weeks ago and had sum simler lukin marks

the same nob who giv me swine flue who forgot 2 tell me both he sed his mrs used 2 get bit but he didnt so never fort nufin of it and that he had swine flue but never fort nufin of it

when we worked on the steel we used to stop in digs and on quite a few occasions had bites, the next day always checked out and examined our gear so as not to bring them home.london used to be the worst place for it .

One of the biggest causes of failure in Bed bug treatments and reasons for revisits re infestations is lack of understanding of where these little b*****ds can hide,check everywhere,then check again have found them in bedside phones, wallpaper,plug sockets,My favourite insect enemy.

• 3 months later...

I got them in Australia, i was wondering what the bites were when i saw one of them run across my lap when i was at the airport for a plane to Thailand, it turned out the hostel i was staying in was infested with them, they were in the carpets and every where :sick: . They infested my backpack and all my clothes and I ended up in a laundrette in Thailand in just an old pair of shorts while every thing was put in the tumble dryer, i found that got rid of them well enough but i was paranoid about wearing them clothes for ages aferwards

Edited by nathan

I got them in Australia, i was wondering what the bites were when i saw one of them run across my lap when i was at the airport for a plane to Thailand, it turned out the hostel i was staying in was infested with them, they were in the carpets and every where :sick: . They infested my backpack and all my clothes and I ended up in a laundrette in Thailand in just an old pair of shorts while every thing was put in the tumble dryer, i found that got rid of them well enough but while i was standing there the owner spent the whole time trying to set me up with her neice :boogie:

Well? Did you give the niece a portion? :laugh:

I got them in Australia, i was wondering what the bites were when i saw one of them run across my lap when i was at the airport for a plane to Thailand, it turned out the hostel i was staying in was infested with them, they were in the carpets and every where :sick: . They infested my backpack and all my clothes and I ended up in a laundrette in Thailand in just an old pair of shorts while every thing was put in the tumble dryer, i found that got rid of them well enough but while i was standing there the owner spent the whole time trying to set me up with her neice :boogie:

Well? Did you give the niece a portion? :laugh:

had to change that then in case the girlfriend sees it :whistling:

It was the first day there hadnt quite mastered the Thai handshake by that stage and you can never be too careful :clapper:

i have done 5 bed bug jobs in the last 2 months,all in posh hotels,nightmare to get rid of,mostly down to customers not doing as

you ask,and they wont give the insecticide time to work,but they can be good earners,also you get tons of earache off the misses

in case you bring them home.