On the door step of the Taliban

At the end of the day, Blokes are coming on here spouting nonsense about stuff they know nothing about.

I dont care if you stormed argie machine gun nests at Wireless ridge, Afghanistan is unlike any war ever fought.Period.

It isnt a stand up and shoot scenario, Or the running battles you assume it is on the news..

It is a constant threat to your safety, The heat saps your strength, The dust hurts your breath,Even the ground makes you uncomfortable.

The country is basically medieval, It is run something along the lines of local fuedal systems where the richer farmers own the poor..They do as they say.

These people arent evil, They just want a quiet lfe, so they do what is neccessary to get buy..If you grown opium for say $100 a kilo or wheat for $5o a kilo, what you you grow with an extended family to feed??? its a no brainerIMHO

As for the comment re Americans friendly fire..Get back to reading your sun paper mate, The yanks are top genuine blokes to a tee, Their positive attitude kind of makes you embarrassed about our country at times

And the equipment issued, The training given and the leadership qualities shown are second to none..

What has happened lately has been tragic, But you must be pragmatic on the bigger scale of things. Soldiers die. But everyone will be remembered

Green On......................GO

post-2989-1247331953.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest joe ox
why oh why do some members on here have to name call and slag others is just beyond me and with that in mind I will contribute no further to the thread. Thanks to all who gave sensible replies.

You have been made to look foolish not by me but by several people on this topic who know what there talking about. Not one person on this topic has agreed with your idiotic opening statement or anything you have posted on this topic. You obviously know nothing about what you commented on. I for one am pleased you wont be contributing anymore to this topic.

Our army is doing a fantastic job over there and for anyone to say otherwise is very disrespectfull.

Edited by joe ox

:clapper: Good sensible words from you guys... :clapper:

Afghanistan is an extremely hard country,.populated by even harder people...

These folk have never known peace,...they have no comprehension of living a normal life...

Many invading armies have taken the country,.but none have been able to hold it....

It is a rock hard,..barren place,..and I salute our young men who have found themselves in such a dangerous arena.

All the best,...CHALKWARREN....

the caniadians , danes, are also doing there part.To win hearts and minds

we need to be on the groud, the taliban , are using simple tactics

IEDs placed in areas the have had inside intel on , the have contacs

we are training , the AA and local police who them selves have links to

the taliban . this campain will go on for years to come ,we need more

helos, and better armo , and MA , RESPECT TO YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

AND TO ALL THE LADS AND LASSES WHO HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES

IN THE MORNING AND AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN WE WILL

REMEMBER THEM

Feck me Stiff, I was just gonna write this comment and there you are..........no pissing and moaning from you pal and I know for a fact you believed hard in what you were doing out there.

Just as you said, folk come on and spout shite.......you and your oppos did a fecking job there pal, not allways easy mate and sometimes very sad but you didnt come home crying in your fecking beer.

Mad Al, why dont you stick to storys about getting bummed by your uncle Fred and leave the soldiering to some real lads who have grown a set.........lads like STIFFMEISTER who I am proud to call a mate.