pdsa cant believe

got to tell you this as im devastated

my 10 month old dog escaped yesterday was told by a friend hed seen it near a school so i shoot down phoned the girl friend said im looking for the dog its out she said im just coming out off the doctors ill look as well 5 mins later she rings me its down here been knocked over so flies down dogs got hole in his leg other ones at top is purple and grazes i puts him in the van and straight to the pdsa i tell them im unemployed the take him in the vet has a look and says he dosnt look too bad shocked dosnt look like any bones broken but id like to x ray that leg one thats gone purple well keep him in over night for observation i ring back 2 hours later and they say i dont fit there criteria to pass for charity so will i ring in the morning theyll sedate him over night rings back in the morning the dog is well enough to pick up but you will after take him too a vets i goes to pick him up later that day sorry you dont fit our criteria this is a letter to take him too the vets off what we have done he needs an x ray on that leg i said can you recommend a vet that will take unemployed they said no i said i will take him to the rspca as i have no money they said if you dont fit our criteria you wont fit the rspca i said so were can i take him they said a vets i said i cant afford a vets what am i supposed to do how bad is hes not bad just needs an x ray on his leg i said i dont no what to do then they said we can put him down if you want i said cant believe you as a charity thats supposed to help the needy and care for animals have just said that to me the vet said youll have to sign here so like an idiot i did now im well pissed with myself and more pissed at pdsa all they were thinking off was fitting there criteria so they could claim there money off who ever its not a charity they still get paid its a con as though there the charity a charity backs them and there animal rights is there in the tale none { hes ok but we can put him down if you cant afford it}

rip fly

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why did you get him put down then, if they said he was fine just needs an x ray ?????????? some vets will take installments,

lamp

i had a dog run over she broke both her back legs took her pdsa and they wer brilliant it took weeks of treatment becouse they had to pin her knees 1 at a time . i get housing bennifit and thats what quallyfies you for treatment as she was been treated i took a pup in with a docked tail he micro chipped it for £5 and sighned my docking certificate I think they do a brilliant job . my treatment would of come in over a grand . I think you should contact there manager becouse normally if your on low income they will help .

Guest manda

insurance?? sorry but this is life! if you cant afford to pay for its vet bills you shouldnt have it? we have spent fortunes on our animals and mostly when i had been unemployed.

scott

why did you get him put down then, if they said he was fine just needs an x ray ?????????? some vets will take installments,

lamp

i had a dog run over she broke both her back legs took her pdsa and they wer brilliant it took weeks of treatment becouse they had to pin her knees 1 at a time . i get housing bennifit and thats what quallyfies you for treatment as she was been treated i took a pup in with a docked tail he micro chipped it for £5 and sighned my docking certificate I think they do a brilliant job . my treatment would of come in over a grand . I think you should contact there manager becouse normally if your on low income they will help .

im not saying they dont do a good job if you pass there criteria do you think the vets work for nothing there on top wages you pass they claim top money as much as a private vets because ive hit hard time with this recession i was a demolition machine drive no work for idiots that are loaded and i didnt meet there criteria they went getting paid they didnt want to no you people are beyond me if you dont understand what im trying to say what if it was an old lady no money dog ten year old sorry love this charity cant help but well put him down if they were animal lovers they would do it for nothing they have the facilities no not getting paid sorry you will have to go to another vets pdsa business an no care theyd be good enough to criticise if you maltreat one as though there animal lovers there not read and think

lamp

i kept asking them if there was another way round this and if they could recomend anywhere to take him sorry we carnt help you will have to sort it out your self if i had any money id bet you they got paid by there charity to put him down

A young bitch of mine cut her wrist on broken glass and I thougt there was glass in the wound. The nearest vet was the PDSA, so I took her there. The receptionist asked if I was registered, I said I wasn't, she said never mind and pointed to a large sign on the wall saying "No sick animal turned away". The vet sedated the dog, explored the wound and stitched and dressed it. They told me to come back to have the stiches removed. Afer the stiches were removed they printed off a bill of what it would have cost me at a normal vet, £190, but said all I needed to do was put a donation in the envalope they gave me, which I did. I never did qualify for registration, but now my dogs are insured. I couldn't speak to highly of the treatment my dog received at the PDSA. The only funding they have is by donations.

Cheers.

My saluki x bitch recently damaged her leg while out during the night and even though we had no money and no real way of getting our hands on any there was no hesitation, straight to the nearest emergency vet!!

You find the money.

After a week of treatment and over £450!! at the local vets ( who by the way said no money in the morning...NO DOG!!! on the night we took her ) we discovered that we would qualify at the PDSA.

The dog went on to have 8 weeks of twice weekly visits to the PDSA who told us that we should have gone to them straight away..qualifiers or not!

We still found the money to pay as much of a donation as we could and were even told that we were not to make ourselves destitute as we were contributing more than many others...they were very fair and we will always be very greatful for the PDSA.

A young bitch of mine cut her wrist on broken glass and I thougt there was glass in the wound. The nearest vet was the PDSA, so I took her there. The receptionist asked if I was registered, I said I wasn't, she said never mind and pointed to a large sign on the wall saying "No sick animal turned away". The vet sedated the dog, explored the wound and stitched and dressed it. They told me to come back to have the stiches removed. Afer the stiches were removed they printed off a bill of what it would have cost me at a normal vet, £190, but said all I needed to do was put a donation in the envalope they gave me, which I did. I never did qualify for registration, but now my dogs are insured. I couldn't speak to highly of the treatment my dog received at the PDSA. The only funding they have is by donations.

Cheers.

im not saying there totally bad im not happy how i was dealt with to lose my dog this way because i didnt qualify with no help and they say there funding is by donations yes they are but not by you putting in 5 quid they claim off big charities and if you pass them vets dont work for nothing for charity off donations there on private vets money but cos i dont qualify theyll put my dog down if i cant afford it but your dogs ok if you take it to a vets and pay and if you dont take it to a vets ill get done for ill treating a dog and we told him to take it bull shit what happened to me charity and if these pdsa did this for you then id like to be in touch as i have a solicitor involved which my pdsa look like hypocrites

if you cant manage to get money from somewhere to look after your dog then you shouldent have had it.you are the only one to blame

Talk about kicking a bloke when he's down. Sometimes it's better to say f**k all....

Some right sanctimonious, whiter than white feckers on here fair play.

if you cant manage to get money from somewhere to look after your dog then you shouldent have had it.you are the only one to blame

Talk about kicking a bloke when he's down. Sometimes it's better to say f**k all....

Some right sanctimonious, whiter than white feckers on here fair play.

thank you not happy

cheers either my heads wrong or sommats wrong