Ladies & gents

When I skin my deer ready for the larder I always seem to get some hair on the meat so I have two questions for you:

1. How do you stop stray hairs getting on your freshly skinned carcass?

and

2. Accepting what happens to me is perfectly normal how do you get rid of it when it does happen? Is there a technique I don't know about? How do abatoirs manage?

Thanks in advance

OON

after each cut you make, you to the best of your ability, keep a bucket of water beside you while skining the carcass.

if in the field just be as carefull as you can handling the skining process and use a qood quality paper towel too pinch the hairs off,

using water to clean the carcass will lead to mould growing if not using a cold room, and the carcass should be well dried if you do use water...

Snap.

Ladies & gents

When I skin my deer ready for the larder I always seem to get some hair on the meat so I have two questions for you:

1. How do you stop stray hairs getting on your freshly skinned carcass?

and

2. Accepting what happens to me is perfectly normal how do you get rid of it when it does happen? Is there a technique I don't know about? How do abatoirs manage?

Thanks in advance

OON

i work in a slaughter house we put what they call papers on the legs there just like sheets of plastic like a freezer bag opened up start at the top and try not to let the skin touch the meat if there is any hair on we just trim it off take a thin bit offf but try not to go in to the meat

if its only a little dont worry about it, its widely accepted there maybe some

just like a plucked chicken has micro down feathers still and pork with skin may sometimes have tiny hairs still.

wont kill you.

try to avoid to much water it speeds up the decaying process.