bald patches on my lurcher***piccs added***

There was a huge debate on another site and folk bitchin over it my dad ran greyhounds for years and they are really prone as are lurchers.It does the dog no harm causes no stress and will cure itself.As i said get plenty of omega fish oils in the diet or vitapet which can be a bit expensive but works to help her skin and coat.The dog may look a bit silly but i wouldnt be worried about it

got a few diffrent things to try now

trying the omega fish oils now instead of the cod liver oil.

there diet isnt to high protien so dont thik its that garypco.

ive never massaged any of my dogs sandymere well only before a first run ont of the van in winter.

cheers georgia she is doing me proud.

thanks everone for replies :thumbs:

i will do an up date in a few weeks.

lofti.

I have a bitch who has a bald patch,its definatly hormonal and hereditry with her as her mother,litter sister,grand dam all have the same thing in the same spot.

Maybe totality different problem to yours but i found sea kelp added to the diet realy made a difference.Its really cheap too about £1.20 for a bottle of 100 tablets from our chemist.

Its baldy bum syndrome and no im not takin the p*ss.No known cause or cure will sort itself out

... wish my husband would contract that ... :laugh:

PMSL spat coke all over my keyboard :clapper::icon_redface:

your supposed to shove coke up your nose not spit it over your comp mate ;):D:D

Nah not my style got to be awkward rofl.took ages to clean and be able to type properly lol.The omega fish oil is the best cant see past it my dogs look great on it healthy shiny coats.would hold back from using sea kelp for the moment cos its used to regulate thyroid function and if she has a healthy thyroid you might feck it up.Then you will be paying around £40 a month for throxine.for the rest of the dogs life.Get her the odd tin of pilchards in oil too or tuna in sunflower oil does wonders as well.All the bestt im sure she will be much better and the difference will be a big one in a few weeks

Its baldy bum syndrome and no im not takin the p*ss.No known cause or cure will sort itself out

... wish my husband would contract that ... :laugh:

Oh crikey PMSL :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Baldy bum isn't something you can really cure so far as I know. Add what you like to their diet - it'll do them good of course - but baldy bum doesn't really go away according to a load of people I asked once. Doesn't look too nice but it's harmless.