terriers

just out of intrest has anyone lost a terrier diggin last january me and a mate dug down to his lakeland dog and he was dead but this terrier was a very keen dog below ground has this happend to anyone else

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lost 2 bitches last season one breed by b nuttall very good bitch friend from liverpool came up dug 13ft broke through bitch was dead other bitch was dug at 3ft she also dead but that the way things go gutted but will try again

Why Doesnt The Quarry Die At That Depth , Or Is It That The Terrier Get Stuck And Stops The Air Getting Through

Just Asking Because i Dont Know Jack Shit About Digging And I Would Like To Know :)

like i said lads its a horrible thing to find when you dig down to a dead terrier but a suppose its part of the sport and you have to take the risk if your into diggin but when you think of it atleast all these terriers that were found dead when dug out atleast they died doing the thing they loved most

Guest lurchers&terriers

iv not been in this digging game long but lost 2 to ground. Theres not a worse feeling in the world than finding your dog dead. All kinds of shit goes through my mind. is it worth it and all that crap. After all we send them in there to there death so to speek, It hurts yea but thankfully it is rare considering the amount of people doing terrier work these days.

i lost 2 at the very start of the season, gutted should have listened to my instinct and not entered him,mates strong bitch surfaced after 1 hour to big for the tubes, so entered mine reluctantly has he was hard only the 1 gear. any way after 2.5hrs of diggin broke through stone dead(gutted), its taken a lot of searching to replace that dog but hope fully i have only time will tell,at the end of the day know your dog, its only fair on the dog , if its a hard dog keep the dog in fairly shallow easy digs so can u get to them a.s.a.p.