Camcorder for Lamping

Lurchermania 1 + 2, Wrecking Crew etc. What equipment was used to make these lamping videos??? Do you need an expensive setup or can you pick the equipment up for a reasonable price?? Trying to get some information on the net but i'd prefer it from honest people with first hand experience :big_boss:

Any info greatly appreciated

:victory:

The best advice is to use the best camera you can afford. I film predator calling videos during day and night with a Canon GL2. We went out and caught 11 jackrabbits/hares last evening under the lamp. I was filming it and 3 or 4 made good video. Good lighting is important, as well as a steady rest.

Hope this helps...

Tony

I've been trying to get decent videos of the dogs lamping, and the biggest thing I've found so far is to attach a light to the camera and not too tight a beam on it either, otherwise it is pure white in the centre of the vid and you miss most of the run.

Every time I've tried filming, it has been with someone else on the lamp, so it's hard to keep it in the centre of shot. I'm using a Sony miniDV handicam we got cheap off Ebay about (£100)

I've been trying to get decent videos of the dogs lamping, and the biggest thing I've found so far is to attach a light to the camera and not too tight a beam on it either, otherwise it is pure white in the centre of the vid and you miss most of the run.

Every time I've tried filming, it has been with someone else on the lamp, so it's hard to keep it in the centre of shot. I'm using a Sony miniDV handicam we got cheap off Ebay about (£100)

Any of your clips on you tube ?? ;)

Whats the quality like pal??? is it as good as lurchermania etc ???

Have you got the camera attached to the top of a pole and the lamp attached further down the pole. a good way to keep it steady is to wear a fishing rod butt rest around your waist and have the pole cut to the right size so the camera is at eye level, this might make the lamp too low for some but seen as you have to use a more open beam it wont make much difference. You should have the person slipping the dogs with a good spot lamp for quick finding just incase u lose the run or if the run goes a good distance away

i use a chep camera i got of ebay its a sony it was only 30 quid and i got it fixed to the lamp that comes out ok i think thers still a vid on youtube its the fox and lurcher one on ther ive got the same user name as i have on here its ok getting expensive camera but it dont take to long befor thay fu/k up getting useed out in the field and haveing it fixed to the lamp is ok but if thay come to close or go to far a way you miss it so it wood be good to have some one just for the filming job but if like me your out by your self most the time you have got to have it fixed to the lamp it works ok

Agree with bullmasstiff.To get good film the camera must be attached to the lamp.It can be hard to follow a lamp being used by someone else.Try to make a rig that is small and lite.Like bullmasstiff i use the Sony miniDV handicam as it meets my needs.You can attach the lamp to the camera by the light fiting at the top of the camera or the trypod screw at the bottom.It all depends on what camera and lamp you use.atb. Catcher 1 P S If you want to keep it cheap.Do what bullmasstiff done have a good look on ebay i paid £1195 for my camera about nine years ago as i used to video Weddings. :thumbs:

i use a chep camera i got of ebay its a sony it was only 30 quid and i got it fixed to the lamp that comes out ok i think thers still a vid on youtube its the fox and lurcher one on ther ive got the same user name as i have on here its ok getting expensive camera but it dont take to long befor thay fu/k up getting useed out in the field and haveing it fixed to the lamp is ok but if thay come to close or go to far a way you miss it so it wood be good to have some one just for the filming job but if like me your out by your self most the time you have got to have it fixed to the lamp it works ok

The quality of that clip is pretty good pal :thumbs: any pictures of your setup??? :victory: