long courses

Around 20 years ago I was on Romney Marsh watching a course between greyhounds.The dogs ran a hare up to a little graveyard at the top of a hill,popularly known as "Boot Hill", the judge who was on foot eventually came back to the rest of us and asked the farmer to take his landrover up to the top ,one of the dogs had died at the summit.

I remember reading that in EDRD a good few years ago :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 20 years ago I was on Romney Marsh watching a course between greyhounds.The dogs ran a hare up to a little graveyard at the top of a hill,popularly known as "Boot Hill", the judge who was on foot eventually came back to the rest of us and asked the farmer to take his landrover up to the top ,one of the dogs had died at the summit.

Yes I wrote it!

Yes I wrote it!

:doh: I know :laugh:

Yes I wrote it!

:doh: I know :laugh:

What I mean is, I didnt hike it from somewhere else.

anybody whos timing the course cant be enjoyin that much to get there stop watch out, but time flys when your having fun

atb john

A good mate of mine allways timed his dogs runs [preban],no -one enjoyed coursing more than him.How long does it take to press a stop watch?

i know who you are on about

Inan ?

R D.

Yes,such coordination between slipping and starting the watch

This gets me pondering who you are?

I know two dogs ,one Slim ,one Shady any connection?

Edited by inan
a hare is faster than any dog its just the dogs stanima that makes them catch the hare so it takes time for a dog to catch a hare my mates dog was a saluki whippet and the whippet in her helped her catch them a lot faster.

who told you that a hre is faster then a dog lol

a hare is faster than any dog its just the dogs stanima that makes them catch the hare so it takes time for a dog to catch a hare my mates dog was a saluki whippet and the whippet in her helped her catch them a lot faster.

more S.H.I.T.E.

a hare is faster then a dog dats fact!!!!! my dog catchs them in arund 2mins and other times maby 4 or that its all about the ground you hunting and how much the hare is willing to get away..... but most of the time is the turning of the dog that does it..........

more S.H.I.T.E.

a hare is faster then a dog dats fact!!!!! my dog catchs them in arund 2mins and other times maby 4 or that its all about the ground you hunting and how much the hare is willing to get away..... but most of the time is the turning of the dog that does it..........

wrong.the dog is faster hence the grey being called the second fastest land animal after the cheetah. also how the dogs catch up with the hare after fair law has been given.its close but the dog is faster.

scotty

more S.H.I.T.E.

wrong.the dog is faster hence the grey being called the second fastest land animal after the cheetah. also how the dogs catch up with the hare after fair law has been given.its close but the dog is faster.

scotty

Thats wrong aswel mate, Greyhound aint the second fastes land animal, T 7

more S.H.I.T.E.

if its fact will then tell me how,then if a hare jumps early how are the dogs able to get to it dose the hare wait on it i dont think so.....

more S.H.I.T.E.

scotty

there are plenty of land animals faster than a greyhound, many of the antlope species have been recorded over 50 mile an hour ;)