long courses

Read some crap in me time but some posts take the cake.

half the so called coursing men on here have never set foot on the big black lands and just talk a good race.

That post about rosco was bang on ,he stuck his heels in and went to the end ,very inexperienced dog and still didnt jack.admitting if he had got a few more mths of running inside him he would have striked a lot sooner and got the job done in 2/3 mins,the best distance pure grey hounds in the country have only got a cpl of mins in them but on a straight line nothing to touch them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw a pure greyhound that took over 7 mins to catch her hare and in my mind it takes a good dog and a bloody good hare

BULLSHIT A PURE GREYHOUND A 7 MINUTE COURSE, UTTER SHITE [bANNED TEXT] TALKING THERE MATE.

Edited by merle24

jesus what a load of crap posted on this thread!!! a greyhound running for 7 minute's! a guy who run's all over the recognized coursing area's whose dog kill's them all in two miute's wherever he's running!!! what a dog!! i run the fen twice a week in week out and i can't believe some of the drivel that's put up on here by so called experienced coursing men!! i'd like to touch on a couple of point's first the dog "roscoe" i was talking to the lad's that were running him that day on the fen fever tape, he was only 19 month's old that day, the ground was very heavy going and other more experienced and famous named dog's were really struggling that day on that ground, failing to catch after four and five minute's but funny enough they ended up on the cutting room floor!! the hare that roscoe run was one of "them" a super hare on favourable going the dog done well to kill it, but the dog was never the same again!! most courses on the fen average between 21/2 to 31/2 minute's but 4 and even 5-6 minute run's are fairly common at the right time of year (january) when the ground suit's the hare i'e heavy soft going, some day's the ground is "bang on" for the dog's. believe me there are a lot of factor's to think about when it come's to running and catching our finest mammilian athlete the brown hare, as for the hare being faster than dog's bullshit!!! although i will say some hare's are faster than some dog's!! i've seen!!! just my opinion

Excellent post ,about time someone factored in the going ,it makes so much difference.

i saw a pure greyhound that took over 7 mins to catch her hare and in my mind it takes a good dog and a bloody good hare

7 min greyhound what shit :thumbdown:

Quite a few years ago,maybe 20,I was at the Anglia Cup as a guest of John Bromiley the Coursing trainer, I happened to be standing next to Charles Blanning ,watching a course, he was timing each run, I asked him what the average time was he said ,about a minute ,and that a minute and a half was considered a tanking.

I dont beleive the greyhound has been whelped that could run for 5 minutes ,let alone 7, it might still be capable of "rocking horsing after a hare ,if it was a distance dog ,but then I doubt it.

Lorraine Syred , who trained " Panini" ,came out with a coursing lurcher club I belonged to ,I asked her what she thought of the saluki blooded long dogs that were running,[we were on the fens] , she said " slow, but they stay ,and kill". I asked her how long her greyhounds would stick, she said ,"about two minutes ,I think", and that is purpose bred, fit, top line coursing blood.

At the end of the day you dont ask a 100 meter sprinter to run a marathon do you !

Hares dont run flat out from the off they run in accourdance to how there being pushed by the dog behind them, they try to conserve just as the saluki does when he runs prey, this is why they are the ultimate hare killers.

There are some hares that no matter how fast the dog or how long it can stick, there are not getting caught.

I carnt beleave the shite posted on this thread, lmfoa.

At the end of the day you dont ask a 100 meter sprinter to run a marathon do you !

Hares dont run flat out from the off they run in accourdance to how there being pushed by the dog behind them, they try to conserve just as the saluki does when he runs prey, this is why they are the ultimate hare killers.

There are some hares that no matter how fast the dog or how long it can stick, there are not getting caught.

I carnt beleave the shite posted on this thread, lmfoa.

its worth reading tho its funny,,,