A warm evenings stroll,BLOODY HOT MORE LIKE

Gets up to the farm about 5.00pm on sunday,the farmer had just cut his fields for hay so i thought i would see what was about,the farmer came up to me and had other ideas :laugh: he was in a bit of a flap as he took me to the corn drier he opened the door and flicked on the lights,RATS running every where :icon_eek: he said can i do some thing about them.I said leave the door open i will have a wonder about the fields,till it starts getting dark and then i will go back to the drier,parks the car up loaded up and off i went,i passed the drier again looked in side and there on the catwalk was a woodie,WHACK down it came,went round the first field, bad idea sweat pouring off me,saw a rabbit hop in to the hedge,thought i will sit here for a bit in the shade and see if anymore come out,sat there getting pested by midges after about an hour a rabbit hops out,WHACK a nice 30yds shot,i headed back to the car for a nice cool drink of water,turned round just in time to see a feral drop in to the cow field next to the trough,WHACK in the bag he went.

END OF DAY SHOT.

007-4.jpg

Went in to the drier to get set up,bloody hell it was hot and stuffy in there,if anybody reading this wants to lose wait sit in there for a few hours the weight just drops off you :laugh: managed a few rats then it just got too warm,so called it a day,telling the farmer i will return on wednesday.

A few pics below of the drier.

This was what the rats where feeding on,as you can see quite a few footprints,the only heap was covered in them.

004-5.jpg

Where the rats were coming from,using the girders as motorways,time for the bodygrips i think :yes: .

012-3.jpg

My sniping postion,when i climbed up there was a little owl sitting on the rail,with its eyes shut,it looked weird with its eyes closed :laugh: .

011-3.jpg.

No pics of rats as the camera batteries died,hopefully have some next time.

Edited by MR TEA POT

a very productive hunt you had then :notworthy:

One of the best days i have had for a while :D just a bit to warm for my liking.

LEE85 there seems to be less rabbits out in the midday sun,the best time seems to be early morning or late evening when the suns not that warm,i have seen a few out at midday but they tend to stay in the shade of the hedges.

Was out again last night after the rats,managed 4 the problem is once they get on the girders they leg it to the other end and don't stay still long enough to take a shot,i am going back tonight with a few fenns and bodygrips.

Out for a couple of hours last night after the rats again.Shot 3 and caught 1 in the bodygrips this morning.

Only got pics of 2 rats shot as 1 fell down inbetween two walls and it was dark and there was no way i was putting my hand down there,not with rats running about :icon_eek: :sick: .

RAT THAT WAS CAUGHT IN BODYGRIP.

002-5.jpg

THE TWO THAT WAS SHOT,THEY WAS BIG FAT ONES,MY BOOT IS A SIZE 8.

003-6.jpg

FAT LITTLE BUGGER,IT JUST WODDLED OUT TO FEED IT WAS THAT FAT :laugh: PIC DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE.

001-5.jpg

Quite a bit of sh1t around as you can see,on the girders where the bodygrips are set it is piled up in some corners.

I will be out again tonight to see if there is any about :yes::thumbs:

Edited by MR TEA POT

Did not see any rats at all tonight,but 2 woodies dropped in for a late evening snack.

005-5.jpg

A maggie came in as well but i was answering a call of nature and it saw me and was gone :censored::wallbash: .

Just as it was getting dark who should hop in but a couple of hares and started feeding on the wheat :icon_eek: never know them to do that before.