whippet x jack russel :O

I have a patterdale x whippet mate he is hard as nails well hes me sons but i swear to god that dog is hard as they come and sharp as a tack hes 7 mths old will add pics in day when i see lad will take some.A guy he knows has his brother 18mths old and he said he is one of the best dogs he even owned i hope me boys one works out well ,but showing real promise and fearless little lad loks like a rough coated whippet but fast little dog.

i was on epupz the other day and came across an add with whippet x jrt pups just wanting to know what they would be lik running or wht they would be used for :o and if any one had any pics of them

cheers shaun

When i was a young lad and first started out,the lad who first took me out with the dogs had a whippet x russel and a whippet x collie both good dogs. at that time were i grew up most running dogs were whippet crosses of different degrees that was around late 70s early 80s.i remember a couple of occasions when the russel x tried going to ground. out of both dogs the collie cross got the numbers but i would have been proud to have owned any of the dogs

dave.

so what would they be used for more bushing and bolting rabbits rather than catchin or are they more than capable of catchin rabbits?

cheers hsuan and could someone post some pics

Edited by shaunpauls7
so what would they be used for more bushing and bolting rabbits rather than catchin or are they more than capable of catchin rabbits?

cheers hsuan and could someone post some pics

Check out that link I posted. :thumbs:

My missus, Assasingirl, has a whippet russell bred by dogger off here. He is nearly two and is growing into an outstanding little dog. He works great bushing, with ferrets and on the lamp. He is 21" to the shoulder and, at times, puts my 24" bitsa to shame! We were lamping at the end of last season and he took 6 out of 7 slips. He has also had some success at other things ;) He is plenty fast enough for rabbits in the open and will get in cover although he dosent so much since we got the terrier.

His only downside is that he can be a bit leary with other male dogs and very vocal when excited. Thats usually just before we go out and once hes working hes quiet again. i would have another of this cross without a second thought!

post-10910-1243199387.jpg

post-10910-1243199457.jpg

post-10910-1243199497.jpg

post-10910-1243199512.jpg

nice looking dogs mahn a thought they would take more of the jrt but a was wrong great looking dog u have there mate al have this cross inmind :)

cheer every1 :)

Thanks mate, hes turned out well. it may be because the dam was whippet and the sire russell. They may have taken more to the russell if it were the other way round. The rest of the litter turned out similar, up til recently most were owned by members on here but i think most have been sold on now.

Good luck with whichever cross you choose :thumbs:

Tyla, do you know why the others were sold on?

Probably the same reason all the other pups get sold on, people not prepared to put the time into the dog. If it don't work the first time out, it's shite & gets put up on here in the for sale section for a 'genuine reason for sale.' :yes:

My missus, Assasingirl, has a whippet russell bred by dogger off here. He is nearly two and is growing into an outstanding little dog. He works great bushing, with ferrets and on the lamp. He is 21" to the shoulder and, at times, puts my 24" bitsa to shame! We were lamping at the end of last season and he took 6 out of 7 slips. He has also had some success at other things ;) He is plenty fast enough for rabbits in the open and will get in cover although he dosent so much since we got the terrier.

His only downside is that he can be a bit leary with other male dogs and very vocal when excited. Thats usually just before we go out and once hes working hes quiet again. i would have another of this cross without a second thought!

There handy looking dogs there tyla they look like they can snap them rabbits up for fun on and off the lamp mate :thumbs: