i hear these jimnys are ( whith decent tyres ) good offroad and being only a 1.3 should be cheep to insure the plan is to remove the back seats and line it with a wood floor then add a dog gaurd.

anybody know how much these are to insure for a 17-18 yearold he fancies a fourtrack but being a 2liter + i cant imagian it would be cheep to insure? correct if wrong!

any advice and opinions are aprieciated

thanks

well i pay £150 FC on my disco with 5 yrs ncb and im 28 tomoz. so the insurance epends where ye go for it, the jimny's offroad ability are pretty good with a lift kit and good tyre. some wiltell ye theyre crap but thats mainly big landy fans or someone that knows nowt. i watched someone at a pay and play day in one just keep bouncing up a steep curved hill that a mate of mine struggled with in his 90.

i hear these jimnys are ( whith decent tyres ) good offroad and being only a 1.3 should be cheep to insure the plan is to remove the back seats and line it with a wood floor then add a dog gaurd.

anybody know how much these are to insure for a 17-18 yearold he fancies a fourtrack but being a 2liter + i cant imagian it would be cheep to insure? correct if wrong!

thanks

They are very good off road and with decent tyres the'll go pretty much everywhere a Landy or Fourtrack will go, sometimes even places they can't go 'cos of the width.

Insurance isn't cheap for that age group for anything but Jimnys are group 5 if I remember rightly.

Cheers, D.

thanks

They are very good off road and with decent tyres the'll go pretty much everywhere a Landy or Fourtrack will go, sometimes even places they can't go 'cos of the width.

Insurance isn't cheap for that age group for anything but Jimnys are group 5 if I remember rightly.

Cheers, D.

Checked and found. Group 7. Cheers, D.

fancying a jimny myself as cheap 2nd motor with right tyres they will match almost anything offroad.... due to weight small size and suzukis proved offroad capability

i like em

cheap n cheerful n bomb proof little buggers

sauer

i like the sj410. they are cheap to buy and they are only a 1.3 aswel mate i think they make a 1.1 not sure though

The SJ410 is actually 970cc, and usually only has a 4 speed box, unless you find a Santana version which had 5 gears, but suffer badly with rot and electrical problems. The SJ413 is a 1300 and the best of the bunch is the 1300 Samurai, which is mechanically a SJ413 with the added advantage of low profile tyres and a slightly wider track. This was the answer to the problems with the Moose trials in USA, when stability was found wanting.

Unfortunately, none of the small Suzuki's are cheap to insure for younger drivers.

thanks

Took the back seats out of mine, panelled it out and dog cage in the back. It's a one man motor or 2 at the best.

Graft to get 2 people, ferrets, 2 dogs and all the gear. Specially if your coming home with several rabs but otherwise, the biz! Cheers, D.

i like the sj410. they are cheap to buy and they are only a 1.3 aswel mate i think they make a 1.1 not sure though

The SJ410 is actually 970cc, and usually only has a 4 speed box, unless you find a Santana version which had 5 gears, but suffer badly with rot and electrical problems. The SJ413 is a 1300 and the best of the bunch is the 1300 Samurai, which is mechanically a SJ413 with the added advantage of low profile tyres and a slightly wider track. This was the answer to the problems with the Moose trials in USA, when stability was found wanting.

Unfortunately, none of the small Suzuki's are cheap to insure for younger drivers.

970cc iv seen bigger quad bikes :icon_eek:

just remember any changes made will class as a modefication and so effect the insurace`. witch is ok if you dont tell em but if it gets nicked you aint gonna be able to claim. plus if you get in a prang your fooked

horrible little truck to drive on the road. Not terrible off road but no way can a suzuki compare to a defender 90. For a start you can drive a 90 through water up to the windscreen. Try that in a petrol suzuki, you cant! I had a fourtrak as my first car and i loved it. Then had a 90 and it was awesome offroad. But now im after another fourtrak as i love the fact they are simple but bomb proof :) People will disagree with me about the suzukis but guess im a landie/fourtrak man! (because theyre better ;) )

ATB

SAm