will i loose my Rifle / advise please

Hi all :)

I have a question regarding my rimmy and FAC so please bear with me.

Basically , about 2 years ago , the land where my rifle is registered has been sold on and i no longer have permission to access the land in any way , let alone shoot there

I was just wondering where i stand when my FAC comes up for renewel in about 2 years time. I do have permission to use my rimmy on a nearby farm , but the farmer is unwilling for me to register my rifle to the land due to the fact that he already has enough guns registered to his property.

I thought about joining a ' target gun club' to keep my license but a friend said that i would then only be able to use my rifle for target use , and only licensed to buy target ammo.

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated ,

John :unsure:

Edited by mjr88

not too sure bud but im similar postion with my center fire where main permission has been sold and i no longer have rights there.

best bet and its what im doing......pick an area and just drive knocking on all farm doors....you may have 99 definite no answers.....

but you only need 1 yes and it may be a cracker......i landed lucky other weekend so should no be ok

dont get disheartened just keep driving and being polite!!!

sauer

I agree with Sauer, don't give up hope of losing the rifle, just carry on trying to find permission :thumbs:

However, unless you do so, then you will lose the rifle as you no longer have good reason to possess it. If you go down the Target Rifle route, then your friend is correct in that you can only shoot targets, the Vermin/Small Ground Game condition on your FAC will be removed.

What about requesting an open ticket?

I am also a bit puzzled (easily done) about your coment on registering?

The other farms that I shoot on required a quick phone call to confirm suitability with the FEO and a quick email from myself to say thanks for her time and I will be shooting on 'APlace farm'

CBW!

Edited by cbw

Basically , about 2 years ago , the land where my rifle is registered has been sold on and i no longer have permission to access the land in any way , let alone shoot there

I was just wondering where i stand when my FAC comes up for renewel in about 2 years time. I do have permission to use my rimmy on a nearby farm , but the farmer is unwilling for me to register my rifle to the land due to the fact that he already has enough guns registered to his property.

I thought about joining a ' target gun club' to keep my license but a friend said that i would then only be able to use my rifle for target use , and only licensed to buy target ammo.

your licence should be open by then so you should be ok

Even with an open license on renewal you have to name one piece of land where you shoot to prove your need for a firearm.

Unless you have permission on a piece of suitable ground your fac will not be renewed.

This is untrue.

If you read section 13.10 of the home office guidelines it states that you do not need permission to shoot on any land to aquire an FAC.

If you book a days shooting with a sporting agent this is all you require.

This is a last resort and you'd be much better trying to get your own land, but if all else fails book a day somewhere.

mark.

Even with an open license on renewal you have to name one piece of land where you shoot to prove your need for a firearm.

Unless you have permission on a piece of suitable ground your fac will not be renewed.

Wouldn't target shooting as extra use on an open ticket be enough to prove good reason?

Target shooting is exactly that - for shooting targets, with a club, at a range.

It is NOT any shooting at tin cans or whatever, and as such no open ticket will be granted solely for target shooting.

Also, I highly doubt the police will renew for a single day's shooting in a year. IMHO it would not constitute 'good reason' as you can borrow a rifle when you go without being an FAC holder.

You might be lucky there, but don't count on it - get some permission sorted.

Also, what is the point of a rifle you can use only occasionally? It's a hassle, which if not used is pointless anyway.

This is untrue.

If you read section 13.10 of the home office guidelines it states that you do not need permission to shoot on any land to aquire an FAC.

If you book a days shooting with a sporting agent this is all you require.

This is a last resort and you'd be much better trying to get your own land, but if all else fails book a day somewhere.

mark.

ive done this in the past you really need them to say you are a (regular client) ! this helps

If you lose the permission to shoot on the land then your FAC will not be renewed,if you decide to join a Target club the FEO may ask you to sell your sporting rifle and buy a target rifle and you would only be allowed to buy target ammmunition,therefore it would be better for yourself if you can gain permission elsewhere,best of luck.

If push really comes to shove which would you prefer? Keep your gun for use on target range only? Or lose your gun? No brainer.

Ric

Thanks for all your swift replies . Your views have really given me something to think about

At the end of the day i still have 2 years left on my ticket so , who knows what will happen .

And if push comes to shove RicW , you're right , i would rather join a club than loose my gun ,

Thanks again ,

John :D

Edited by mjr88

riohog

You're right about section 13.10 of the home office guidelines . The following line is what interests me

Farmers and landowners may allow shooters to shoot on their land, for payment or otherwise, on a

formal or informal basis.

Maybe a few lines from the farmer when the time comes will suffice ,