As far as i'm concerned there's no such thing.... Any predominantly white dog born out of whatever colour parents is a Russell or should be referred to as Russell type.

Plenty of lines will throw white every so often, it goes back to before folk started calling 'em silly names to sell, when any type was added so long as it worked.

If your pup works and works well, be proud in the name 'Working Terrier', thats what counts! ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a patterdale pup parent are black no other terrier is in the breeding. Why is the pup I'm having White? Any info on this will be a help, thanks.

:icon_eek: got to be russell in there somewhere

Guest manda
I'm getting a patterdale pup parent are black no other terrier is in the breeding. Why is the pup I'm having White? Any info on this will be a help, thanks.

:icon_eek: got to be russell in there somewhere

Just had to do a double take on your avatar lol

I have heard about this before. Am I correct in saying that Lakelands were in the make up of the Patterdale along time ago before they were called Patterdales. Perhaps there were white Lakelands involved in this particular breeding along time ago.

Or maybe like said before if the line is very tight like half brother and sister then there is some sort of albino gene.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter as long as the pup works!!!! :notworthy:

WERE THE WHITE COMES FROM IS THE "BULL BLOOD " THAT WAS PUT IN A FEW YEARS BACK TO INCREASE THE HEAD SIZE........WHEN THE MARKET CAME A FEW YEARS BACK FOR BULLY TYPE PATTERDALES HEADS THE MONEY GRABBING GUYS PUT STAFF BLOOD IN THEM, THE GUY THAT KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING PICKED A STAFF DOG THAT BRED TRUE TO TYPE AND COLOUR, THE GUY THAT DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING PICKED A NICE BLACK STAFF........

DO YOU SEE NUTTAL DOGS THROWING WHITE DOGS.......NO CAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING......WHAT YOU WILL FIND NOW IS A LOT OF LADS COMING FORWARD SAYING O MY ONE CAME WHITE AS WELL TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM SELFS THAT THEY HAVE SOME THING SPECIAL...........

END OF THE DAY BUY YOUR DOGS OFF GUYS THAT WILL STAND OVER THERE PUPS...........GUYS IN IT ALL THERE LIVES.............NOT GUYS THAT BEEN IN IT THE PAST 20 - 30 YEARS

IF IT WAS ME LOOKING AT THAT PUP I WOULD TELL HIM SHOVE IT UP HIS HOLE..........AND WHILE HES TRYING TO DO THAT HAVE A PEEP AROUND HIS YARD FOR A DOG WITH A LOT OF WHITE IN HIM........ :big_boss:

p***y i have to dissagree with you has the white dog my mate has was bred by brian nuttal him self at his yard

samba there is 2 pups white in the litter. Also p***y know what your saying but the dogs who mated are black and belong to two good friends the pup is for free and it was me who sorted out the mating so they are not strangers

blackpack, what i am saying is years ago when fighting dogs were legal......and a once in a life time dog came along they never told anyone how it was really bred.........they hung papers on them so the true breeding of the dog was secret........ but many years later pups were starting to look like another dog the guy kept in his yard..........years later the truth comes out, just like to day i know guys that have added a little bit of bull to there patterdales they sell well......they look well......and they work well, but guys are not getting what they think there getting or wanted ( years and years of breeding) and perhaps time will tell what they really have..........just think about it for one minute if it looks like a duck , quacks like a duck then it must be a ...............white patterdale ?? best of luck with the pup blackpack hope he comes good for you !!

i dont get what your saying p***y? they sell well,they look well ,and they work well? but they aint the real deal is it?