WERE THE WHITE COMES FROM IS THE "BULL BLOOD " THAT WAS PUT IN A FEW YEARS BACK TO INCREASE THE HEAD SIZE........WHEN THE MARKET CAME A FEW YEARS BACK FOR BULLY TYPE PATTERDALES HEADS THE MONEY GRABBING GUYS PUT STAFF BLOOD IN THEM, THE GUY THAT KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING PICKED A STAFF DOG THAT BRED TRUE TO TYPE AND COLOUR, THE GUY THAT DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING PICKED A NICE BLACK STAFF........

DO YOU SEE NUTTAL DOGS THROWING WHITE DOGS.......NO CAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING......WHAT YOU WILL FIND NOW IS A LOT OF LADS COMING FORWARD SAYING O MY ONE CAME WHITE AS WELL TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM SELFS THAT THEY HAVE SOME THING SPECIAL...........

END OF THE DAY BUY YOUR DOGS OFF GUYS THAT WILL STAND OVER THERE PUPS...........GUYS IN IT ALL THERE LIVES.............NOT GUYS THAT BEEN IN IT THE PAST 20 - 30 YEARS

IF IT WAS ME LOOKING AT THAT PUP I WOULD TELL HIM SHOVE IT UP HIS HOLE..........AND WHILE HES TRYING TO DO THAT HAVE A PEEP AROUND HIS YARD FOR A DOG WITH A LOT OF WHITE IN HIM........ :big_boss:

i got three quarters of the way through reading the thread and found this post, i bred a litter a long time back now from a nuttal bitch out of Brians bitch penny and a black fell that was three quarter nuttal and a quarter gould.

The bitch was one of the best ever (7 hard seasons) and the dog was a stunner but he was overly hard and never made 6.

The point is that there were two white broken coated puppys in the litter, one dog and one bitch, the bitch was killed as pup

in a kennel accident but the dog was a fearsome 14 month old before he was loaned out and then stolen.

I am sure that i am not the only person who has had a white pup from a dog bred directly by Brian :blink:

Edited by ginga john

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you posted that GJ, I'm sure Brian has bred white pups in the past, just as his stock has thrown the occasional red, what 30 years of breeding has taught him is to keep quiet about anythin that ain't quite the desired result, both in colour and work!

Yep, white dogs probably get thrown more often than not by bull blood in there somewhere, but as I said before, back when people called 'em simply 'working terriers' the colour of the dogs used mattered not a jot!

WERE THE WHITE COMES FROM IS THE "BULL BLOOD " THAT WAS PUT IN A FEW YEARS BACK TO INCREASE THE HEAD SIZE........WHEN THE MARKET CAME A FEW YEARS BACK FOR BULLY TYPE PATTERDALES HEADS THE MONEY GRABBING GUYS PUT STAFF BLOOD IN THEM, THE GUY THAT KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING PICKED A STAFF DOG THAT BRED TRUE TO TYPE AND COLOUR, THE GUY THAT DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING PICKED A NICE BLACK STAFF........

DO YOU SEE NUTTAL DOGS THROWING WHITE DOGS.......NO CAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING......WHAT YOU WILL FIND NOW IS A LOT OF LADS COMING FORWARD SAYING O MY ONE CAME WHITE AS WELL TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM SELFS THAT THEY HAVE SOME THING SPECIAL...........

END OF THE DAY BUY YOUR DOGS OFF GUYS THAT WILL STAND OVER THERE PUPS...........GUYS IN IT ALL THERE LIVES.............NOT GUYS THAT BEEN IN IT THE PAST 20 - 30 YEARS

IF IT WAS ME LOOKING AT THAT PUP I WOULD TELL HIM SHOVE IT UP HIS HOLE..........AND WHILE HES TRYING TO DO THAT HAVE A PEEP AROUND HIS YARD FOR A DOG WITH A LOT OF WHITE IN HIM........ :big_boss:

p***y i have to dissagree with you has the white dog my mate has was bred by brian nuttal him self at his yard

Nuttall buys a lot of pups of my pal there all nuttall stuff but my mate put bull blood in years ago and seen some of his throw white

its hard to get the real deal now as most lines have been fxxxed up and lines that are true are closely guarded for a certain few. But if your terrier works to your own standard then that should make you happy enough.

its hard to get the real deal now as most lines have been fxxxed up and lines that are true are closely guarded for a certain few. But if your terrier works to your own standard then that should make you happy enough.

fair enough ;) i just gathered from what the lads were sayin ,is that a paterdale that throws a white pup is not the real deal because there is bull in it somewhere.

p***y i have to dissagree with you has the white dog my mate has was bred by brian nuttal him self at his yard

Nuttall buys a lot of pups of my pal there all nuttall stuff but my mate put bull blood in years ago and seen some of his throw white

WOLFIE THANKS FOR POSTING THAT REPLY, IT EXPLAINS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY, BUT I DID NOT WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE BY SAYING IT.

SOUNDER79 , THE REAL DEAL TO ME IS BREEDING A TRUE TERRIER/ TERRIERS THE STAMP OF A DOG YOU HAVE IN YOUR "MINDS EYE". AND TO KEEP PRODUCING LIKE TYPE DOGS. IN OTHER WORDS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TELL ALMOST THE SIZE AND WEIGHT COLOUR ETC... WHEN YOU INCLUDE A DIFFERENT BREED OF DOG IT WILL THROW THINGS OUT A BIT.........AS YOU GET OLDER AND IN THE DOGS LONGER, THESE THINGS MEAN A LOT TO SOME TERRIER MEN, THE REAL DEAL TO ME IS KNOWING WHATS 100 % IN YOUR YARD, AND NOT ASKING SOMEONE ELSE WHATS IN IT, HOPE THAT A BIT CLEARER.

i have ya now p***y. ;)

HI p***y,I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR COMING FROM, WITH THE BULL BLOOD AND YOUR QUITE RIGHT ,BUT JUST BEFORE YOU OPEN THE FLOOD GATES WITH ALL THE ''KNOW ALLS '' GIVING SOME BACKLASH TO THE BIT ABOUT BRIAN,

ILL POINT OUT THAT BRIAN HAS TOLD ME HIMSELF WHERE THE WHITE HAS COME FROM IN HIS OWN LINE OFF TERRIER, AS HE WOULD TO ANY ONE THAT IS WILLING TO 'ASK''AND MORE IMPORTANTLEY '''LISTEN''IT WAS FROM BULL TERRIERS OF SOME SORT,''I SAY SOME SORT ,AS IT WAS FROM BULL TERRIERS MANY YEARS BEFORE THE FIRST STAFFS WERE REGERSTERED,

HE HIMSELF, HAS ONLY EVER PRODUCED 3 WHITE ONES,

ONE OF THOSE IS WORKED IN WALES BY A FREIND OF MINE AND IS ONE OF THE FINEST TERRIERS I HAVE SEEN WORK, NO LOOKER JUST 110%WORKER,

YOURS IN SPORT

soot92

NT

hi p***y thanks for all your comments and your a very knowledgeable man on terriers its good to hear on a site like this. Just one more question to you. Did they put bull blood in to start the black terriers or was it added later on.

I'm getting a patterdale pup parent are black no other terrier is in the breeding. Why is the pup I'm having White? Any info on this will be a help, thanks.

I had a little male that was white/black cow patched.Both of his parents were very hard dogs,and he himself is turning out to be a fine,gritty little dog.The sire is Black,the dam red.But 2 previous litters from the dam to different males,also produced white.I can't say myself where or why,but neither parent shows any signs of softness,just good nosed,hard dogs.And the white/black pups out of the older breedings are as well.If it works good,the color doesn't matter(at least not to me).Good luck

uru

ChaosinNYC.jpg HER IS A PICTURE OF THE TERRIER THAT URU IS SPEAKING ABOUT..PIC TAKEN JUST UNDER 12 MONTHS OLD...DANIEL